Are you 45+

Old December 19th 08, 09:37 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jogi

Default Are you 45+

hey guys,

i´m proud to be one of you
05.12.1963

jogi

--
jogi

municycling anarchist
26" K1 Track Monster
Surly Conandrum
KH36 Nightrider
24 K1 street

zitat smilymarco:
Es ist Knut, der kann das. Knut ist ein Tier!
Old December 20th 08, 05:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GearQueen

Well I guess I met my goal of riding the uni. My big five OH b-day was
yesterday, and I can say that I've ridded up and down my driveway, made
the corner, headed down the sidewalk, and have ridden around the
neighborhood. The very old sidewalk has taken on a whole new meaning.
It's like a newly discoved, challenging single track. It's got some
pretty good tree root rises and uneven areas, that are pretty tough for
a newbie like me. I got very excited when I started making it 6 or 7
houses down the street. I'm getting the big turns some times, and I'm
working on the tighter ones, but I'm not good at those, so I'll keep
practicing.

It got really cold about a week ago, which normally would not stop me,
but there's been a lot of snow to go with it. I have not been brave
enough to go out and try the somewhat slick conditions. I missed riding
enough, that I've practiced in my basement, a couple of times, but it's
a pretty small space. I hope I'll be able to freemount soon, that would
be great.

My partner is doing pretty well too, making it up and down the
driveway, and a bit in the street. I think she's ridden about half the
hours that I have. She's not quite as into it as I am, but we are
having fun learning. I think we'll both be riding the neighborhood by
spring! We'll keep spinning the wheel!

--
GearQueen
Old December 20th 08, 10:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
blueharmony

That's awesome! Sounds like you've caught the bug. Believe it or not, it
actually gets more fun the more you learn so keep at it. I understand
about seeing the sidewalk in a whole new light. You'll start seeing
everything as a new line to try.

As far as riding in the snow you might want to make sure you have a
tire with good knobbies on it for traction. I recently bought a Kenda
tire for my 24" and it is amazingly good in the snow. Attached is a
picture of me yesterday terrorizing the neighborhood as Santa.

BTW: my daughter and Son-in-Law live in Clinton, UT. Not far from you!

|Filename: Kenny-SantaWaiving.JPG |

blueharmony

_________
- Kenny
-unicycle for yourself-
Old December 21st 08, 01:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GearQueen

that gave me a good chuckle! Thanks for posting the picture. Also
thanks for the advice on the tires, I used to ride my mtn bike all
winter, so I know that it can be donek, and tires can make a huge
difference. I'll give it a go one of these days when the snow doesn't
look too bad.

My little sister lives west of Clinton, out in Hooper, so they are
probably not too far from each other. What a small world. Take Care

--
GearQueen
Old December 21st 08, 08:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
TimeTraveler

I'm 45, and just started riding in October. I can go pretty far on a
flat floor and make turns (most of the time) but I'm still working on
freemounting

David

--
TimeTraveler
Old December 22nd 08, 05:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
steveyo

TimeTraveler wrote:
I'm 45, and just started riding in October. I can go pretty far on a
flat floor and make turns (most of the time) but I'm still working on
freemounting

Welcome. It just gets better.

--
steveyo

steveyo
...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

- a 'few uni race write-ups'
(http://home.roadrunner.com/~rduhan/uni_race_writeups/)
- muni and kokopelli uni 't-shirts, mugs and stickers'
(http://www.cafepress.com/steveyo)