Ride The Lobster - What's Happening?

Old June 22nd 08, 04:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tadaniels

Default Ride The Lobster - What's Happening?

duaner wrote:
Ok, no one said it (far as I can see), so I will...

What the b*ke is the with the www.rideTheLobster.com website?

The race finished most of two days ago and still no posted results
?!?!?

(Not to mention all the other pages that are days, weeks or months
(years?) out of date).

That said: Great event!!

I wasn't part of the RTL organizing team, but I was in the same
position following UNICON 11, so I'm going to step up and speak on
behalf of the RTL folks: There's nothing wrong. The entire event was
run by a small group of dedicated volunteers. These people are
exhausted and deserve a chance to catch there collective breaths. I'm
sure the official results will be posted on the RTL site within a few
days.

Let's all please be patient and cut the RTL organizing team some
slack.

By the way, I'm almost positive that many of the same people will be
repacking their bags shortly to head off to NAUCC and then UNICON where
they will, once again, bust their collective butts for nothing more than
their love of the sport. If you attend RTL, NAUCC, UNICON, etc., please
take a moment to go out of your way to thank at least one of these
volunteers for their dedication and service to unicycling.

--
tadaniels
Old June 22nd 08, 07:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rtlmom

I will also speak on behalf of the wonderful organizers of this
incredible event. Those people who have done plenty of volunteering,
whether it's running the computers at a swim meet, working to get high
school musicians and all their equipment to their next performance, or
in this case running an event like Ride the Lobster, are volunteers
with jobs and lives who take time off from both so that others can have
a great time. From what I understand, the red carpet was rolled out for
the riders & drivers, they ate like kings, slept comfortably, had cars
supplied... all unbelievable... never have I heard of an event like
this. And I rather enjoyed searching the web for information, because I
came across so many perspectives of those who posted. Thanks to the
organizers for everything they did... they really pulled it off!

rtlmom

--
rtlmom