Why Is the Supply of IDIOT Mountain Bikers ENDLESS???

Old November 30th 10, 06:19 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland[_2_]

Default Why Is the Supply of HANDSAW assailants ENDLESS???

"Tēm ShermĒn™ °_°" " wrote in
message ...
On 11/29/2010 9:26 PM, Jeff Strickland wrote:

I'm gonna say this for the last time, Vandeman doesn't care where
mountain
bikes are operated _as long as_ it is on the highway. If there is dirt
involved, Vandeman is against it.

He doesn't give a rat's ass about your piddly little complaints of
"hiking
trails." When he gets his dream of tires off of the dirt, he'll come
after
your boots next.

Hikers before or after equestrians?

That's a good question. I gotta go with the hikers first because Vandeman's
issue is that rubber and dirt are a bad mix. Hoofs, as bad he says they are,
are an otherwise natural combination once the human element is removed.

Old November 30th 10, 06:24 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland[_2_]

Default Why Is the Supply of IDIOT Mountain Bikers ENDLESS???

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
"Jeff Strickland" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

[...]
Both Mr. Vandeman and I are well acquainted with what mountain bikers do
and say. Why you defend them is a mystery to me since you

I'm gonna say this for the last time, Vandeman doesn't care where
mountain bikes are operated _as long as_ it is on the highway. If there
is dirt involved, Vandeman is against it.

Say it as often as you please, that doesn't make it true. Forestry fire
roads are ideal for mountain bikes. Hiking trails are not.

Says YOU, but not Vandeman. That's the point. I agree with you on this one,
but Vandeman does not. He is not your ally, he is your adversary.

He doesn't give a rat's ass about your piddly little complaints of
"hiking trails." When he gets his dream of tires off of the dirt, he'll
come after your boots next.

Mr. Vandeman does not want you driving your jeep off road. Neither do I.
Other than that, I don't know what you are talking about.

You don't know, or don't want to know? Pull your head out of your ass and
look around at the many works of Mr. Vandeman. His own words are that you
should sit at home on the couch and only go to a museum to see a display of
what the wilderness looks like.

Vandeman is all about gates and fences to keep everybody out all of the
time. That is his agenda. Period. It is not your agenda, as far as I can
tell.

Old December 1st 10, 01:13 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

"Jeff Strickland" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
"Jeff Strickland" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

[...]
Both Mr. Vandeman and I are well acquainted with what mountain bikers
do and say. Why you defend them is a mystery to me since you

I'm gonna say this for the last time, Vandeman doesn't care where
mountain bikes are operated _as long as_ it is on the highway. If there
is dirt involved, Vandeman is against it.

Say it as often as you please, that doesn't make it true. Forestry fire
roads are ideal for mountain bikes. Hiking trails are not.

Says YOU, but not Vandeman. That's the point. I agree with you on this
one, but Vandeman does not. He is not your ally, he is your adversary.

Once a road is established, no matter how primitive, you no longer have a
wilderness.

He doesn't give a rat's ass about your piddly little complaints of
"hiking trails." When he gets his dream of tires off of the dirt, he'll
come after your boots next.

Mr. Vandeman does not want you driving your jeep off road. Neither do I.
Other than that, I don't know what you are talking about.

You don't know, or don't want to know? Pull your head out of your ass and
look around at the many works of Mr. Vandeman. His own words are that you
should sit at home on the couch and only go to a museum to see a display
of what the wilderness looks like.

Nonsense!

Vandeman is all about gates and fences to keep everybody out all of the
time. That is his agenda. Period. It is not your agenda, as far as I can
tell.

Mr. Vandeman and I want everyone to enjoy wilderness, but on its own terms,
i.e., on foot. No contrivances whatsoever! The only one here who needs to
pull his head out of his ass is you. It is OK for you not to like someone,
but it is not OK to misrepresent his position.

One further point. Mr. Vandeman obviously is not here to defend himself.
Your continued attacks on him are unseemly and mark you as no gentleman.
Have you no shame?

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old December 1st 10, 01:22 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

Default Why does Tom Sherman change subject headings?

[...]

I much prefer to hike trails where there are no horses. They can ruin hiking
trails just as much as jeeps can. Ideally horses would have their own trails
apart from those of hikers. If a hiker wanted to hike a horse trail, that
would be OK, but horses would be forbidden on hiking trails.

Horses are damn big animals and I don't like to be anywhere near them -
ever!

Old December 1st 10, 01:45 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland[_2_]

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

That's a good question. I gotta go with the hikers first because
Vandeman's issue is that rubber and dirt are a bad mix. Hoofs, as bad he
says they are, are an otherwise natural combination once the human
element is removed.

I much prefer to hike trails where there are no horses. They can ruin
hiking trails just as much as jeeps can. Ideally horses would have their
own trails apart from those of hikers. If a hiker wanted to hike a horse
trail, that would be OK, but horses would be forbidden on hiking trails.

YOU should have your own trail. That would solve everything. YOU are the
misfit around here that can't get along with anybody else. Of course, you
have spent your life in seclusion and solitude without benefit of a good
wife and a house full of kids, it's no wonder you are a social outcast.
Indeed, you are not an outcast per se, because you are not thrown out, you
refuse to come in.

YOU need to learn how to get along.

Old December 1st 10, 01:46 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland[_2_]

[...]

That makes it YOUR terms.

Old December 1st 10, 02:30 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

[...]

I get along just fine with other single hikers and other single cyclists. I
do not like groups of hikers or groups of cyclists or groups of anything.
People are at their worse when part of a group.

Women are a special breed of human and it takes way too much of an
investment of time and energy for me to ever waste any of either on them.
The reason why I am Great (and you aren't) is because I spend all of my time
contemplating the eternal verities. To tell the truth, I really only like to
commune with the eagles on high mountain tops.

It is easy to be liked and to get along with others. Just be agreeable. I
respect Mr. Vandeman because he has chosen a hard way. He is NOT agreeable
and he does NOT care about getting along with others when matters of grave
importance are at stake. He is a crusader, I am not.

By the way, no man ever needs kids. That is a woman thing. A man is a fool
to want what he does not need.

Old December 1st 10, 02:43 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

"Jeff Strickland" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

[...]
Mr. Vandeman and I want everyone to enjoy wilderness, but on its own
terms, i.e., on foot.

That makes it YOUR terms.

It is hard work to hike and not everyone wants to do it. But those are the
terms if you want wilderness to remain wilderness.

You are confusing nature parks with wilderness. One is designed by and for
humans, the other is designed by nature for its creatures. That is a huge
difference which you seem unable to appreciate. You are more to be pitied
than condemned.

I do not regard you as an extremist, but rather in the common majority.
Admittedly Mr. Vandeman and I are in the minority. But is there no place for
minority interests?

Old December 1st 10, 02:48 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland[_2_]

[...]

So, you don't get along.

You can't control whether there are one or one hundred in the outdoorsmen
that you encounter. Since you can't control then you don't get along. You
claim to get along under conditions that you demand, but we only have your
word on that.

Women are a special breed of human and it takes way too much of an
investment of time and energy for me to ever waste any of either on them.
The reason why I am Great (and you aren't) is because I spend all of my
time contemplating the eternal verities. To tell the truth, I really only
like to commune with the eagles on high mountain tops.

So, you don't get along.

It is easy to be liked and to get along with others. Just be agreeable. I
respect Mr. Vandeman because he has chosen a hard way. He is NOT agreeable
and he does NOT care about getting along with others when matters of grave
importance are at stake. He is a crusader, I am not.

But you are the one defining "agreeable." When I define agreeable, then I
come to the conclusion that you are anti-social and don't get along; all you
do is repeatedly reinforce the conclusion. If I was your shrink, my best
advise to you (for $150.00 per hour) is to get a life.

By the way, no man ever needs kids. That is a woman thing. A man is a fool
to want what he does not need.

Or, to put that another way, you don't get along.

You are the poster child for not getting along. Just accept the skin you're
in and deal with it. By all reasonable standards, you're a loser. It's okay,
but stop inflicting yourself on the rest of us. Be lonely in silence because
you chose lonely as a lifestyle.

Old December 1st 10, 03:01 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland[_2_]

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
"Jeff Strickland" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

[...]
Mr. Vandeman and I want everyone to enjoy wilderness, but on its own
terms, i.e., on foot.

That makes it YOUR terms.

It is hard work to hike and not everyone wants to do it. But those are the
terms if you want wilderness to remain wilderness.

It's hard work to ride a bike. It's not particularly hard work to drive a
Jeep -- unless drinking beer and smoking cigars is counted as being hard --
but the enjoyment of the wilderness where the road is already more than 100
years old is still the same, except for the beer and cigars part.

You do not get to define "enjoyment of wilderness." Sorry. But when you do
that, then I enjoy on your terms. You enjoy on your terms, I'll enjoy on
mine. You may not understand the enjoyment that I experience and you might
go so far as to suggest that there can be no enjoyment in the way I do it,
or bike riders do it, but YOU only get to define your parameters, not mine.
I've been doing wilderness for a very long time, and when visitors stay
on-trail, the wilderness does just fine no matter how they use the trail,
and suffers when anybody (even hikers) go off-trail. "Trail" is the
operative word here, no matter what Vandeman brainswashes you into thinking.

You are confusing nature parks with wilderness.

I suffer no such confusion.