ANOTHER Dead Mountain Biker....

Old June 27th 09, 07:41 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default ANOTHER Dead Mountain Biker....

So much for the alleged "health benefits" of mountain biking....

Mike

Subject: BC Bike Race 2008 Champion found dead
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 15:43:58 -0700

Marathon mountain biking racing is bad for one's health, maybe? Sadly,
this mtn.bike race comes ripping through my locale on Sunday, June
28th.

http://www.bcbikerace.com/Media/Blog/

Monday, June 22, 2009

A BC Bike Race Champion and Great Guy Down

Brian Johnson was on a mountain bike ride last week - the regular
“Wednesday night ride” in Invermere, BC - and, sadly, did not make it
home.[]

It was his last ride.

Drew Bragg, one of Brian's good friends in Invermere, and one of the
BC Bike Race family as our MC and voice of BCBR, phoned me last
Thursday to tell me the sad news.

The guys on the regular Wednesday night ride, a very tight group of
guys in a smallish town in the East Kootenays who've been getting
together every week for many years, found Brian on the ground beside
his bike, apparently in the process of fixing his chain. They are not
sure what caused his death.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old June 28th 09, 02:11 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Kayak44

Default Michael J. Vandeman All Alone On Fathers Day, Lashes Out On The Net.

On Jun 27, 2:41*am, Mike Vandeman wrote:

Being alone sucks...for you.