Who the hell needs Mao?

Old July 14th 09, 03:33 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Default Who the hell needs Mao?

On Jul 13, 5:36 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

I no longer bother posting any messages of value since there are none but
idiots inhabiting these forums. It is all blather, but even so, I stand
behind everything I have ever said on Usenet, up to and including dropping
an atom bomb on Tom Sherman's head.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Hey, Big Ed, here's another bomb in your arsenal...

(two comments on some Vehicular Cycling instructor killed by a car)

Originally Posted by Bekologist
"The tragedy of a cycling instructor killed executing a vehicular left
turn on a highway speed road is an example of the tenets of vehicular
cycling education and autocentric infrastructure failing even a
experienced cyclist in the face of heavy traffic and high speed
differentials."

We don't know exactly what Bruce did or didn't do, and perhaps never
will.

But we can be sure that the Chief VC Mathematician and followers (who
juggle and manipulate numbers and definitions to show the
effectiveness of VC education in lowering cycling risk "80%
reduction!") will flatly state that BR was not practicing Vehicular
Cycling at the time of his accident.

By their definition and circular logic process, anyone who has an
accident would have not had that accident if only they were cycling
vehicularly; any accident is proof that the cyclist wasn't cycling
vehicularly. Any cyclist involved in an accident is no longer
considered a vehicular cyclist and vehicular cycling maintains its
remarkable safety record.

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=561536
Old July 14th 09, 06:46 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Edward Dolan

"ComandanteBanana" wrote in message
[...]

I gave up on bicycle safety instructors 30 years ago when I realized that
none of them knew what the hell they were talking about. In fact, I advise
everyone never to go near such types. They will get you killed faster than
you would ever get yourself killed on your own.

They are always blathering about taking the lane, as if that is going to
somehow make you safe. All that taking the lane does is put you in a direct
line to getting run over. It is this kind of stupidity which make me despair
of anyone ever knowing anything worth knowing. My God, you have to get out
of the way of motor vehicles! That is just common sense, but as is well
known, nothing is so rare as common sense.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka