Spinergy Xyclone Disc Version?

Old December 1st 06, 06:48 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Curt Bousquet

Default Spinergy Xyclone Disc Version?

I'm trying to figure out what version my Spinergy Xyclone Disc
wheelset is... the Spinergy site lists different part numbers
for versions 1,2 or 3, but doesn't tell you how to differentiate
between the versions!

Is there some way to tell just by looking at one of the wheels?

Thanks

--
Curt Bousquet
Old December 1st 06, 12:28 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Slack

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 22:48:16 -0800, Curt Bousquet
wrote:

I'm trying to figure out what version my Spinergy Xyclone Disc
wheelset is... the Spinergy site lists different part numbers
for versions 1,2 or 3, but doesn't tell you how to differentiate
between the versions!

Is there some way to tell just by looking at one of the wheels?

Thanks

--
Curt Bousquet

V1 &V2 have nipples at the hub. V3, the nipples are at the rim. Don't
know the diff between V1 & V2, thoough.

ref: http://www.spinergy.com/Bicycle/pdfs...%20Xyclone.pdf
--
Slack
Old December 1st 06, 04:29 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Curt Bousquet

Slack wrote let it be known in
news
wrote:

I'm trying to figure out what version my Spinergy Xyclone
Disc wheelset is...
Is there some way to tell just by looking at one of the
wheels?
--
Curt Bousquet

V1 &V2 have nipples at the hub. V3, the nipples are at the
rim. Don't know the diff between V1 & V2, thoough.

Thanks! It looks like I have V3, which makes me happy after some
of the reviews I've read about problems with earlier versions...

I noticed last night while browsing around on the 'tech' section
of their site that they have recently added a parts list for V4.
Old December 1st 06, 04:40 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Curt Bousquet

Curt Bousquet wrote let it be
known in :

I'm trying to figure out what version my Spinergy Xyclone
Disc wheelset is... the Spinergy site lists different part
numbers for versions 1,2 or 3, but doesn't tell you how to
differentiate between the versions!

Is there some way to tell just by looking at one of the
wheels?

Before posting this question to the group, I'd tried to ask
Spinergy through their website's contact form. I didn't hold out
much hope of hearing back from them, but just got a reply that I
thought I'd post here so anybody searching for the answer in the
future might find it. From the Spinergy email:

"Version 1 has a silver free hub with a small black ring.
Version 3 has an all silver free hub. Version 4-5 is silver with
a small blue ring around it. You will need to remove the
cassette to see the free hub."

Mine have the blue ring, so I guess I have a version 4-5

FS: Rotor Cranks - mtb version Simon@Nicolai-UK UK 1 August 5th 05 06:55 PM
The US version of Oybike Tony Raven UK 3 April 16th 05 06:05 PM
who wants a PAL version of OWA in the US? tomsey Unicycling 16 January 18th 05 12:27 AM
Fuel 90 Disc Vs. Jekyll 600 Disc Vs. NRS Disc Dave S. Mountain Biking 9 February 23rd 04 05:52 PM
aus.bicycle FAQ Version 1.0.0 kingsley Australia 10 November 10th 03 02:42 PM