Safety warning.

Old June 10th 08, 03:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill

Default Safety warning.

I just popped in here to warn people NOT to buy and water bottle or
plastic food containers made in China. I bought 2 Bell branded bottles
packaged together with the metal holders, then filled the bottles with
water and put them in the fridge overnight. When I went to take a drink
I spit it out due to the heavy chemical taste. Thinking this was brand
related I bought 2 more Schwinn branded bottles and repeated the
experiment. In the morning they weren't saturated with chemicals like
the others but still had a chemical taste. I have finally given up and
now use 2 made in the states Tupperware bottles that I can wedge into
the holders.
I checked some of my recent beverage cups think 7-11 big gulp types with
handles for soda or coffee. Same result.

Avoid Chinese food containers for your own health.

The news has been full of stories of lead in children's things, but I
never hear about testing adult items.

That was all I popped in for and was almost knocked off my chair to see
that someone had expressed interest in a possible ride with me.
I've been gone (from here) for over a year, so finding my name in the
first post I read was quite a shock.

FWIW I have been on the Linux groups while moving away from M$ and going
to community ware.

I'll check in, but try to refrain from posting unless it is really relevant.

Ride on,
Bill Baka
Old June 10th 08, 06:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
SMS

Bill wrote:

Ride on,
Bill Baka

The best bicycle water bottle I've found is the one from Soma
Fabrications. "http://www.somafab.com/bottle.html". Sports Basement has
them for $5. They don't smell at all like the typical plastic water bottles.
Old June 10th 08, 07:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill

SMS wrote:
Bill wrote:

Ride on,
Bill Baka

The best bicycle water bottle I've found is the one from Soma
Fabrications. "http://www.somafab.com/bottle.html". Sports Basement has
them for $5. They don't smell at all like the typical plastic water
bottles.

I went there just now and it got a deserved bookmark. If I can leave
water in it for about a week at room temperature, then I will buy about
ten of them.
Thanks for that link.
Bill Baka
Old June 10th 08, 07:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill

Bill Sornson wrote:
Iron Bill wrote:

Iron Bill is temporarily out of shape from the winter slack.

{bunch of typical BB BS}

That was not BS, just my test results.

I'll check in, but try to refrain from posting unless it is really
relevant.

There's a first time for everything! LOL

Bill "just had oral surgery or I'd go pop some corn" S.

Eat the popcorn, you need a little pain (maybe a lot).
Bill Baka

Old June 10th 08, 07:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Roger Zoul

"Bill" wrote
That was all I popped in for and was almost knocked off my chair to see
that someone had expressed interest in a possible ride with me.
I've been gone (from here) for over a year, so finding my name in the
first post I read was quite a shock.

FWIW I have been on the Linux groups while moving away from M$ and going
to community ware.

I'll check in, but try to refrain from posting unless it is really
relevant.

Ride on,
Bill Baka

You must have a profound effect on people, Bill!

Old June 10th 08, 08:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill

Roger Zoul wrote:
"Bill" wrote
That was all I popped in for and was almost knocked off my chair to see
that someone had expressed interest in a possible ride with me.
I've been gone (from here) for over a year, so finding my name in the
first post I read was quite a shock.

FWIW I have been on the Linux groups while moving away from M$ and going
to community ware.

I'll check in, but try to refrain from posting unless it is really
relevant.

Ride on,
Bill Baka

You must have a profound effect on people, Bill!

Strangely, I do, especially in person when I tend to talk at warp speed.
I have to evaluate the listening abilities of the person I am talking to
and adjust accordingly. I've always been hyperactive physically and it
carries over to talking.
I don't do it intentionally, but I am amazed at how slow some people
talk. I just want to exchange information and get it done.
Bill
Old June 10th 08, 08:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Bill wrote:

You must have a profound effect on people, Bill!

Strangely, I do, especially in person when I tend to talk at warp
speed. I have to evaluate the listening abilities of the person I
am talking to and adjust accordingly. I've always been hyperactive
physically and it carries over to talking.

I don't do it intentionally, but I am amazed at how slow some people
talk. I just want to exchange information and get it done.

Not to worry, most adults can understand their native language at more
than twice the speed of conventional speech, as you may have noticed
by the disclaimers given on radio ads for products. The FCC allows
these because, surprisingly, ability to understand speech is much
faster than producing it.

Jobst Brandt
Old June 11th 08, 03:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Jym Dyer

I just popped in here to warn people NOT to buy and water
bottle or plastic food containers made in China.

=v= I'm guessing that all the containers you mention were
HPDE or LDPE plastic. Certainly other types of plastic
are less likely to have a toxic flavor, but that doesn't
mean they're safe for you either:

http://www.ecologycenter.org/ptf/

=v= Plastics manufactured in China are done so with less
environmental regulation/oversight than what's made here
(though vinyl products are the absolute worst).
_Jym_

Old June 11th 08, 05:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Leo Lichtman

"Bill Sornson" wrote" There's a first time for everything! LOL
There are lots of things that have never happened. You just don't know
about them. LOL?

Warning lardyninja UK 15 April 28th 07 06:37 AM
Healthy eating? SAFETY WARNING! Badger UK 3 July 4th 05 10:26 PM
Safety Instructions. Warning. sides may split... flyingdutch Australia 5 March 15th 05 12:44 PM
Safety warning; PRO overshoes MartinM UK 1 March 6th 05 01:58 PM