Weird TdF graffiti

Old July 31st 03, 12:53 AM
Bryan and Colleen Wooten

Default Weird TdF graffiti

At the bottom of Parley's Canyon (I-80 into Salt Lake) there is a large rock
that is constantly being painted with all sorts of slogans, flags, marriage
proposals etc. Today on the way to work I noticed the top was painted
bright yellow with the name Lance painted in the middle. Weird. I mean SLC
is not exactly a strong hold of road riders... or is it? I thought I was
the only one in Utah who was paying attention to the TdF.

Old July 31st 03, 01:30 AM
Just a Cyclist

"Bryan and Colleen Wooten" wrote in message
newsUYVa.22033$uu5.2417@sccrnsc04...
At the bottom of Parley's Canyon (I-80 into Salt Lake) there is a large

rock
that is constantly being painted with all sorts of slogans, flags,

marriage
proposals etc. Today on the way to work I noticed the top was painted
bright yellow with the name Lance painted in the middle. Weird. I mean

SLC
is not exactly a strong hold of road riders... or is it? I thought I was
the only one in Utah who was paying attention to the TdF.

Not really.........way back in the late 50's and early 60's. I came to SLC
to visit realities.......my cousin was dating a road racer back
then........... They had this relay race from SLC to Elko NV...... it was
very interesting...
From that day on I was interested in Road Racing.... but of course Mt.
Biking was not even though of at the time.
Sorry to show my age........but I always remember SLC and cycling......

Old July 31st 03, 05:19 AM
Raptor

Bryan and Colleen Wooten wrote:
At the bottom of Parley's Canyon (I-80 into Salt Lake) there is a large rock
that is constantly being painted with all sorts of slogans, flags, marriage
proposals etc. Today on the way to work I noticed the top was painted
bright yellow with the name Lance painted in the middle. Weird. I mean SLC
is not exactly a strong hold of road riders... or is it? I thought I was
the only one in Utah who was paying attention to the TdF.

It's pretty big here. There are a plethora of high-end bike shops, and
hundreds of semi-serious riders plus our share of top riders. The US
criterium champ shows up at weekly training crits (I asked, "Who's the
guy with the #1 plate" a couple weeks ago (as I watched the A flight
while waiting for my C flight race to start)), there's a bi-weekly time
trial series, and lots of riders riding up the canyons on any given fair
weather day. Mountain biking is also big of course, though SLC isn't
quite mtb central for the nation.

I'll have to see if I can pass by the rock in the next couple days.

"I'm not proud. We really haven't done everything we could to protect
our customers. Our products just aren't engineered for security."
--Microsoft VP in charge of Windows OS Development, Brian Valentine.