what the tire outrage means to me...

Old September 3rd 03, 05:14 PM
ajames54

Default what the tire outrage means to me...

1 ... I feel really sorry for the other Bridgestone runners...
having a tire optimized for Ferrari did not seem to me to be such
a bad thing.. until I started reading about how they are narrower
than they need to be with a different profile... designed to
maximize the aerodynamics.
Sorry Sauber .. Sorry BAR we don't care if you need the
extra grip... Ferrari needs the Airflow.. no they wont share the
Aero data... too bad Avon wont make a grooved tire.

2 ... IF I understand correctly under the rules as they have been
interperated to date the tires have been legal... the FIA is
certainly allowed to change the way the rules are interperated to
address any sort of loop-holes that have been found... That has
nothing to do with cheating, the whole point of regulations is
that anything not specifically forbidden is allowed. I find it
funny though that when the changed the way the rules were
interperated and it seemed to penalize Ferrari it was "Formula
England" and the "FIA sucks!" but now its in Ferraris favor then
its "Yea! they're a bunch of cheaters!"

Realistically Michelin should do what they seem to have done...
see that their loop-hole was closed, suck it up and bring a
slightly different tire to the next race. Ferrari is certainly
allowed to bitch and whine about what they see as a disadvantage,
and if they can convince the FIA then fine..

(I make no judgements about the timing nor about any perceived
bias by the FIA...)

3 ... The biggest problem to come out of the whole thing is that
for the first time in a long time MS is not winning everything...
and now his fans are going to do the "OH He only lost because
they all cheated!" forever...

And I gotta say that there is nothing more annoying than an
Ignorant Tifauxi...

(I was a Ferrari Fan and will be one again as soon as the current
crop of morons fades away...)

I don't really care who wins but I hope it isn't Ferrari
Old September 4th 03, 08:18 PM
John

Default O.T. what the tire outrage means to me...

"ajames54" wrote in message
On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 12:14:24 -0400, ajames54
wrote:

DAMN!
Wrong group... sorry if the recall didn't work

Deja Vu ........I just jumped from all the fighting at R.A.S.F
(sec.autos.sport.f1) and I read this post. I thought I was losing it! I
guess there's another F1 type bike riding fan! Next to riding my road bike,
Formula 1 is my second passion.

John

Tire damage Roger Zoul General 0 May 4th 04 10:27 PM
Flat Tire Repair Question from MB Newbie Sorni Mountain Biking 43 August 29th 03 01:14 PM
Q. Will I benefit from different tire size or type? Joe Samangitak Social Issues 16 August 8th 03 03:38 AM
Tire Wear AndresMuro Techniques 0 July 9th 03 02:02 PM