Stuck behind a bike

Old September 4th 03, 05:18 PM
SM

Default Stuck behind a bike

"Arpit" wrote in message
WHat do you poepl do if you are on a road where there isnt enough room
for a car to safely pass you, but is stuck behind you and driver is
getting ****ed?

I just try and gesture to them to move past if there is enough room or
otherwise duck up onto the path for a couple of metres so they can get past.
If there isnt enough room then ride on but if it looks like they are going
to get stupid then just pull off and let them past... it aint worth being
hit from behind or having something thrown at you as they go past.

My fav was the couple in the beat up POS that changed to the outside lane
(yes this was on a hwy with little other traffic) then Ferrel Sherral yells
"GET ON THE FOOTPATH AND OFF THE F**KING ROAD!" whilst her delightful buck
toothed husband points to footpath using his middle finger and then hoon off
leaving a ploom of black smoke... only to end up at the next set of lights
where she is half the way out the window still yelling at us as my mate
rides past and gives her half a bottle of Powerade in the face... We then
took her advice and hiked it onto the path and down onto the cycleway (where
we were headed anyway).

Old September 4th 03, 11:17 PM
Peter Cremasco

On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 11:49:17 GMT, Arpit
wrote:

WHat do you poepl do if you are on a road where there isnt enough room
for a car to safely pass you, but is stuck behind you and driver is
getting ****ed?

What do YOU do if you are driving a vehicle on the road, where there
isn't enough room for a car to safely pass you, but is stuck behind you
and the driver is getting ****ed?

---
Cheers

PeterC

[Rushing headlong: out of control - and there ain't no stopping]
[and there's nothing you can do about it at all]

Old September 5th 03, 01:49 AM
Andrew Lighten

What do YOU do if you are driving a vehicle on the road, where there
isn't enough room for a car to safely pass you, but is stuck behind you
and the driver is getting ****ed?

Two words: "BRAKE TEST"

Old September 5th 03, 03:17 AM
Tim Jones

wrote:

WHat do you poepl do if you are on a road where there isnt enough room
for a car to safely pass you, but is stuck behind you and driver is
getting ****ed?

What do YOU do if you are driving a vehicle on the road, where there
isn't enough room for a car to safely pass you, but is stuck behind you
and the driver is getting ****ed?

If I'm in a car, going the speed limit and someone starts tailgating me,
I'll usually slow down. On a freeway, getting tailgated, I'll flash my brake
lights - that usually works in getting them to back off.

I can't remember ever being in a situation long enough to warrant conscious
thought on the matter for being on the bike and someone not being able to
get past. What sort of area are people riding on to have this for an
extended period? I cycle only Melbourne bike tracks and roads.

Tim