Driver ‘deliberately’ knocked down police cyclist in south London,

Old March 17th 16, 09:11 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Default Driver ‘deliberately’ knocked down police cyclist in south London,

A cycle patrol policeman has been ‘deliberately’ run over in south
London, the Metropolitan Police said.
The 39-year-old officer needed hospital treatment after being struck as
he attempted to stop a car as it travelled through Peckham on Wednesday
afternoon.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/17/driver...#ixzz439LO48tJ
--
Bod

---

Old March 17th 16, 09:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Thursday, 17 March 2016 09:11:57 UTC, Bod wrote:
A cycle patrol policeman has been 'deliberately' run over in south
London, the Metropolitan Police said.
The 39-year-old officer needed hospital treatment after being struck as
he attempted to stop a car as it travelled through Peckham on Wednesday
afternoon.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/17/driver...#ixzz439LO48tJ

You can be certain that no stone will be left unturned in this case.
Old March 17th 16, 11:02 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Smith[_7_]

Bod wrote:

A cycle patrol policeman has been ‘deliberately’ run over in south
London, the Metropolitan Police said. The 39-year-old officer needed
hospital treatment after being struck as he attempted to stop a car as it
travelled through Peckham on Wednesday afternoon.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/17/driver...#ixzz439LO48tJ

When an ordinary cyclist is hit by a car, the usual response is that he
wasn't wearing hi-viz, and so the CPS decline to prosecute, and the
psychopath in general isn't even arrested unless he's done something really
stupid like get drunk before driving, or else hit multiple victims.

When a police officer gets his by a car, the charge is usually 'attempted
murder'.

If the officer in such cases is always on duty, and the psychopath
deliberately hits him, then fine. But in many - if not most - cases where
a policeman is hit, he has been off-duty, cycling home or to work to start
his shift.

More and more, it's looking like the police see themselves as the Queen's
Men, untouchable and deserving of more protection than the rest of you.

Still, not to worry. I gather from rumblings on other groups and on
web-based forums, that the day is coming when the 'worm' will turn. When
the cyclists of Britain will say to the government: 'Either you enforce the
law, or we will do it for you. You have been warned'.

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
Old March 17th 16, 11:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Thursday, 17 March 2016 11:04:03 UTC, John Smith wrote:
Bod wrote:

Still, not to worry. I gather from rumblings on other groups and on
web-based forums, that the day is coming when the 'worm' will turn. When
the cyclists of Britain will say to the government: 'Either you enforce the
law, or we will do it for you. You have been warned'.

"Two men have been arrested over the incident."

Read mo http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/17/driver...#ixzz439pFBKQE

Old March 17th 16, 01:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 17/03/2016 09:11, Bod wrote:

A cycle patrol policeman has been ‘deliberately’ run over in south
London, the Metropolitan Police said.
The 39-year-old officer needed hospital treatment after being struck as
he attempted to stop a car as it travelled through Peckham on Wednesday
afternoon.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/17/driver...#ixzz439LO48tJ

Deliberately ramming any road user - whether a cyclist, driver,
pedestrian or motor-cyclist and whether or not a police officer - should
be an offence.

Old March 17th 16, 04:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Smith[_7_]

Bod wrote:

Still, not to worry. I gather from rumblings on other groups and on
web-based forums, that the day is coming when the 'worm' will turn.
When the cyclists of Britain will say to the government: 'Either you
enforce the law, or we will do it for you. You have been warned'.

"Two men have been arrested over the incident."

Read mo
http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/17/driver...#ixzz439pFBKQE

That didn't take long.

Old March 17th 16, 04:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

Bod wrote:

Still, not to worry. I gather from rumblings on other groups and on
web-based forums, that the day is coming when the 'worm' will turn.
When the cyclists of Britain will say to the government: 'Either you
enforce the law, or we will do it for you. You have been warned'.

"Two men have been arrested over the incident."

Read mo
http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/17/driver...#ixzz439pFBKQE

That didn't take long.

Like I said - no stone will be left unturned for their own.
Old March 17th 16, 04:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Smith[_7_]

Bod wrote:

Still, not to worry. I gather from rumblings on other groups and on
web-based forums, that the day is coming when the 'worm' will turn.
When the cyclists of Britain will say to the government: 'Either you
enforce the law, or we will do it for you. You have been warned'.

"Two men have been arrested over the incident."

Read mo
http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/17/driver...#ixzz439pFBKQE

That didn't take long.

Like I said - no stone will be left unturned for their own.

Tick-tock ... tick-tock ...

Old March 17th 16, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

Bod wrote:

Still, not to worry. I gather from rumblings on other groups and on
web-based forums, that the day is coming when the 'worm' will turn.
When the cyclists of Britain will say to the government: 'Either you
enforce the law, or we will do it for you. You have been warned'.

"Two men have been arrested over the incident."

Read mo
http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/17/driver...#ixzz439pFBKQE

That didn't take long.

Like I said - no stone will be left unturned for their own.

Tick-tock ... tick-tock ...

Attemped murder - what a surprise!

http://road.cc/content/news/182978-t...e-cop-run-over