SRAM wastes Shimano by light years

Old August 4th 08, 07:49 AM posted to alt.music.rush,alt.mountain-bike
LIBERATOR

Default SRAM wastes Shimano by light years

I got X5 on my new Trek 6000 series bike, and had XT on my old bike,
and LX.

X5 is shifting cleaner, far faster and crisper, than XT, yet X5 is
said only to be equal to Deore.

No way, I thought for sure I was going to have to buy X9 to equal XT,
but X5 has surpassed it by light years.

I can believe how amazingly immediate, supreme expediency, X5 is
giving me.

Never will I own Shimano again, and if a bike I buy comes with it I'll
immediately be removing it for SRAM.

And for Trek they are amazing, I have had at least 10 mountain bikes,
and nothing has come close to this bike in its geometry and perfect
displacement of my weight.

Old August 5th 08, 02:14 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Tom Sherman[_2_]

LIBERATOR wrote:
I got X5 on my new Trek 6000 series bike, and had XT on my old bike,
and LX.

X5 is shifting cleaner, far faster and crisper, than XT, yet X5 is
said only to be equal to Deore.

No way, I thought for sure I was going to have to buy X9 to equal XT,
but X5 has surpassed it by light years.

I can believe how amazingly immediate, supreme expediency, X5 is
giving me.

Never will I own Shimano again, and if a bike I buy comes with it I'll
immediately be removing it for SRAM.

And for Trek they are amazing, I have had at least 10 mountain bikes,
and nothing has come close to this bike in its geometry and perfect
displacement of my weight.

I thought it was uncool to like Trek (at least since they became large
and mainstream)?

Full disclosu I have a 1999 Trek 6000.

“Mary had a little lamb / And when she saw it sicken /
She shipped it off to Packingtown / And now it’s labeled chicken.”
Old August 27th 08, 09:41 AM posted to alt.music.rush,alt.mountain-bike
Mark Riley

Now, I love my SRAM too but it's more likely that the XT/LX gear you
were using was somewhat worn and dirty and now you are comparing it with
fresh shifters and cables.
IMHO, the new X5 will wear quicker than new X7, X9 and XT. Also, the new
X5 possibly shifts better than even your old XT when it was still new.
Having tried X9, X0, XT and XTR - all '08 versions, I can happily say
that when I am on the trail and shifting, they all work precisely,
quickly and without me even thinking about it but that is the advantage
of new stuff.
In summary, I "prefer" SRAM for myself but I wouldn't slag off the big
S's products because they really are as excellent.

Mark

Old September 14th 08, 12:10 AM posted to alt.music.rush,alt.mountain-bike

LIBERATOR wrote:
I got X5 on my new Trek 6000 series bike, and had XT on my old bike,
and LX.

X5 is shifting cleaner, far faster and crisper, than XT, yet X5 is
said only to be equal to Deore.

No way, I thought for sure I was going to have to buy X9 to equal XT,
but X5 has surpassed it by light years.

I can believe how amazingly immediate, supreme expediency, X5 is
giving me.

Never will I own Shimano again, and if a bike I buy comes with it I'll
immediately be removing it for SRAM.

And for Trek they are amazing, I have had at least 10 mountain bikes,
and nothing has come close to this bike in its geometry and perfect
displacement of my weight.

I've got X.7 rear derailleur on my near-new Giant. It shifts OK, but
the pulleys seem to be very loud compared to the Shimano (much older
and cheaper series) on my other bike. Riding on a quiet street, all
you hear is the pulley noise, which drives me nuts. The LBS said
there's nothing wrong with the pulleys. Does anyone have any similar
experience or comments ?
Old September 15th 08, 01:46 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Why buy a trek you could buy a motobecane from bikesdirect made in the
same chinee factory and save big $$$$$

On Aug 4, 9:14*pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
LIBERATOR wrote:
[...]

She shipped it off to Packingtown / And now it’s labeled chicken.”- Hide quoted text -

Old September 15th 08, 01:58 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Tom Sherman[_2_]

wrote:

On Aug 4, 9:14 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
LIBERATOR wrote:
[...]

Dude, my bike was made in Wisconsin, not China. Trek had not farmed out
most of its production to Taiwan and/or mainland China at that time.

“Twisting may help if yawl can chew gum and walk.” - gene daniels