Caddie-up foldable bikes

Old February 5th 08, 07:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
bob prohaska's usenet account

Default Caddie-up foldable bikes

Werehatrack wrote:

If someone were to ask me which new compact folder would be best for
commuter use, I'd be at a loss to come up with a recommendation. It

How about Strida? http://www.strida.co.uk/

I've only seen them twice, once at a boat show and once again by
chance at work. The owner let me try riding it, which was a very
strange sensation for somebody accustomed to a standard bicycle,
but it didn't seem bad, just different. The design strikes me as
fairly elegant, but durability is completely unknown. It's hard
to get much simpler, however.

bob prohaska

Old June 15th 14, 03:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Friday, February 1, 2008 9:42:25 PM UTC-5, Dave Holmes wrote:
Has anyone owned or seen one of these Chinese-made bikes?

Are they even worth the $179 that dealers are asking for them?

Thanks,

Dave Holmes

Old June 15th 14, 04:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Friday, February 1, 2008 9:42:25 PM UTC-5, Dave Holmes wrote:
Has anyone owned or seen one of these Chinese-made bikes?

Are they even worth the $179 that dealers are asking for them?

Thanks,

Dave Holmes

Yea,I own one. I've had it a couple years,ride it occasionally for fun. Fold it up ,put it car for travel,no problems (until yesterday when the pedal nut backed off and the pedal fell off.I Put "LocTite on both pedals. I'm 76yrs young & enjoy the bike.