Revolution is in the Air

Old July 1st 16, 03:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_6_]

Default Revolution is in the Air

On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 17:36:11 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
Humble Philosopher" wrote:

On Thursday, June 30, 2016 at 7:13:05 PM UTC-4, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 20:34:02 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
Humble Philosopher" wrote:

On Wednesday, Tu June 29, 2016 at 10:26:57 PM UTC-4, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 05:03:02 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
Humble Philosopher" wrote:

On Wednesday, June 29, 2016 at 1:37:13 AM UTC-4, John B. wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 21:21:53 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
Humble Philosopher" wrote:

The EU wouldn't tolerate massive corruption, particularly the type that represents a safety hazard:

Wasteful & Convoluted

https://twitter.com/tibetan_monkey/s...67858206982147

"The EU wouldn't tolerate massive corruption"? You are joking, surely.
No corruption in Europe?

http://www.politico.eu/article/corru...fraud-funding/
But they hide it
http://www.euractiv.com/section/just...g-and-shaming/

I must say, you live in some sort of imaginary world.
--
cheers,

John B.

The EU supported the coup in Ukraine because they were too corrupt. I'm sure their corruption is less gross than in America.

"Because they"? "They" who? Do you mean "they", the EU. was too
corrupt? Or that they, the Ukraine, was too corrupt?

--
cheers,

John B.

It is obvious, my friend. We have been fed the lines so many times: The regime that happened to be democratic was utterly corrupt and the people rose up and the West came to rescue.

I don't quite understand what you are saying. When the USSR fell apart
the Ukraine became independent. The Ukraine had a regional government
which was established in 1917 and with independence became the
national government. As far as I can tell it was modeled after the
British parliament system.

So are you saying because it became corrupt the West became involved?

You are aware, of course, that the Ukraine retained part of the old
USSR's nuclear armory and that some 5,000 nuclear weapons remain in
the Ukraine. Approximately 1/3 of the old USSR's atomic weaponry
including 130 ICBM's with six war heads each, 33 heavy bombers,
totaling approximately 1,700 warheads?

You don't think anyone was interested in that, do you?

The nukes were removed by Russia. The reason was a simple land grab, the very accusation they use against Russia. Breaking with Russia meant war and loss of trade for the EU.

Yup. the news has it that "By 1996, Ukraine transferred all Soviet-era
strategic warheads to Russia". But then, some six years later, 2012,
they announced that they were nuclear free.

Silly boy.

And they lived happily ever after...

But you know what, some say the whole expansion into the East was imperial and it was a mistake:

"Exclusive: The European Union’s haughty and hasty expansion into low-wage Eastern Europe may be its undoing, as the Brexit vote shows popular resistance to the westward migration of workers that followed,"

https://consortiumnews.com/2016/06/25/europ33 heavy bombers, totaling approximately 1,700 warheadsean-unions-imperial-overreach/#

You need to do some more reading. It isn't "workers" per se, it is
mainly immigrants who don't work.

In France thy brag about their law enforcement when the Muslim youths
ONLY burn 800 automobiles on New Years.

In Denmark 40% of welfare outlay go to 5% of the population who are
Moslem. (Denmark personal income tax is 55%)

In Germany, Seventy percent of the newcomers land on welfare the day
of their arrival.

In Sweden approximately 15% of the population are immigrants and cost
the government $14 billion to support.

One analysis estimated that "In the early 1970s, 2 million of the 3
million foreigners in Germany were employed, by the turn of this
century, 2 million of 7.5 million were. Similar stories abound in
nearly all West European countries.

--
cheers,

John B.

The wave of Muslim immigrants never affected the UK. It was the Eastern Europeans. Maybe Western Europe will be forced to dump them.

That simply isn't true. As I pointed out in another post the largest
percentage of migration, double, or more, in some cases, into the EU,
including the U.K. are from non EU countries. Even Hungary complains
about it :-)

In another post I pointed out that Muslim immigrants do make up a
major percentage of those receiving unemployment benefits in countries
such as France, Belgium, Holland, Denmark, Sweden and the U.K. The
German government reported number is70% of the immigrants start to
receive assistance the day after they arrive.

And, unemployment payments are a very large factors in encouraging
people, particularly those coming from the poorer countries, not to
work.

Heresy you say? Not so. For example, there are, or were, a large group
of Laotians living in the Sacramento area of California. These were
the remnants of the CIA's "Laotian army" that were repatriated when
the communists gained power and were being paid a gratuity by the CIA.

As they speak a language almost like Thai and eat the same kinds of
food, they are well known to local Thais and the last time my wife
visited her sister she was introduced to some of them. She came home
and told all her friends about how you could go to America and never
work again as none of the Laotians had worked and bragged about how
they didn't have to work and their kids all went to free school and
could even read and write.
--
cheers,

John B.

Old July 1st 16, 01:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Humble Philosopher" wrote:

[...]

The relief checks are bad enough but people with nothing to
do all day end up with dangerous hobbies:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-swe...0QE09F20150809

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old July 2nd 16, 02:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_6_]

Humble Philosopher" wrote:

[...]

Years ago in the height of the Irish "problems" we had two N. Ireland
Catholics working for us. The older guy was a true believer but the
younger guy was a bit more pragmatic.

The younger bloke once explained to me that the real problem was the
lack of jobs, particularly in the North, where unemployment was in the
25% range, or maybe even higher in Belfast, in the 1980's. He said,
"imagine a bunch of the lads having a beer in the local pub. One guy
says, "Lets rob the bank on Monday". The others look at him an
say,"Can't. Monday we've got to be down the plant at six o'clock."
But, he added, "that is if the "good times" ever came back".

--
cheers,

John B.

Revolution! Tony Raven UK 1 June 7th 06 02:15 PM
The revolution is here? cfsmtb Australia 2 August 8th 05 10:01 AM
The revolution is here? flyingdutch Australia 3 August 8th 05 07:56 AM
The revolution is here? cfsmtb Australia 1 August 8th 05 07:14 AM
The revolution is here? flyingdutch Australia 2 August 8th 05 04:17 AM