A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

58% of California is in Heavy Drought.



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old January 19th 17, 02:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,011
Default 58% of California is in Heavy Drought.

On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 2:27:42 PM UTC-5, Doug Landau wrote:
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 11:25:55 AM UTC-8, Doug Landau wrote:
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 3:56:58 AM UTC-8, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
https://goo.gl/wNZXfd


It's raining again


The mighty Pajaro
https://www.google.com/search?q=paja...6C5dCqk89ZM%3A


++++++++++++++++

http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/index.php?wfo=mtr

Pajaro is the round green dot above 's' in Salina's'.

http://geology.com/lakes-rivers-water/california.shtml

I know the Pacheco ? runs into a canyon below San Juan Batista ? not much flow in there at that time.

Pajaro runs thru town ? channelized ? ungh lotta crap into the Bay.

Ads
  #122  
Old January 19th 17, 02:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,011
Default 58% of California is in Heavy Drought.

On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 8:07:20 PM UTC-5, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 2:27:42 PM UTC-5, Doug Landau wrote:
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 11:25:55 AM UTC-8, Doug Landau wrote:
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 3:56:58 AM UTC-8, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
https://goo.gl/wNZXfd

It's raining again


The mighty Pajaro
https://www.google.com/search?q=paja...6C5dCqk89ZM%3A


++++++++++++++++

http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/index.php?wfo=mtr

Pajaro is the round green dot above 's' in Salina's'.

http://geology.com/lakes-rivers-water/california.shtml

I know the Pacheco ? runs into a canyon below San Juan Batista ? not much flow in there at that time.

Pajaro runs thru town ? channelized ? ungh lotta crap into the Bay.


goo.gl/ZvQYqC

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mtr

map’s flood line warning is the Pajaro

internet review is amazing. nothing like not being there !
  #123  
Old January 19th 17, 05:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,345
Default 58% of California is in Heavy Drought.

On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 3:25:08 PM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/18/2017 5:40 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 1:00:18 PM UTC-8, Doug Landau wrote:
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 11:35:50 AM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:

https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/n...ecord-globally

Damned scientists! We need some rec.bicycles.tech denizens to go to
NASA and set them straight!

I tried! I worked there for a while. At Ames. They wouldn't listen.


Here is a geologic record: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geolog...ate_Change.png

You will note that our present temperatures is all hell and gone colder than Earth has been for most of it's history


Well, I don't know that you can trust that data. After all, it was
produced by scientists. Those guys are so biased!

But I'm all in favor of returning to the Cretaceous. Maybe if we make
enough of the current species extinct, we can get back to some real cool
species, like big carnivorous dinosaurs.

Joerg thinks he's got problems with mountain lions? You with wolves?
HAH! Furry animals are wimps!


--
- Frank Krygowski


Tell us Frank - What geologic period are we presently in and when did it start?
  #124  
Old January 19th 17, 05:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,345
Default 58% of California is in Heavy Drought.

On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 5:18:35 PM UTC-8, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 8:07:20 PM UTC-5, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 2:27:42 PM UTC-5, Doug Landau wrote:
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 11:25:55 AM UTC-8, Doug Landau wrote:
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 3:56:58 AM UTC-8, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
https://goo.gl/wNZXfd

It's raining again

The mighty Pajaro
https://www.google.com/search?q=paja...6C5dCqk89ZM%3A


++++++++++++++++

http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/index.php?wfo=mtr

Pajaro is the round green dot above 's' in Salina's'.

http://geology.com/lakes-rivers-water/california.shtml

I know the Pacheco ? runs into a canyon below San Juan Batista ? not much flow in there at that time.

Pajaro runs thru town ? channelized ? ungh lotta crap into the Bay.


goo.gl/ZvQYqC

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mtr

map’s flood line warning is the Pajaro

internet review is amazing. nothing like not being there !


Do you know that if you weren't so terse and semi-communicative people would pay more attention to your postings. Most of the time I get the idea that you're going off to never-never land. But upon closer inspection you generally have something of worth to say. It's just a pain in the ass to find it..
  #125  
Old January 19th 17, 05:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,011
Default 58% of California is in Heavy Drought.

I am writing to Duane.
  #126  
Old January 19th 17, 06:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5,270
Default 58% of California is in Heavy Drought.

On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 6:25:08 PM UTC-5, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/18/2017 5:40 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 1:00:18 PM UTC-8, Doug Landau wrote:
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 11:35:50 AM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:

https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/n...ecord-globally

Damned scientists! We need some rec.bicycles.tech denizens to go to
NASA and set them straight!

I tried! I worked there for a while. At Ames. They wouldn't listen.


Here is a geologic record: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geolog...ate_Change.png

You will note that our present temperatures is all hell and gone colder than Earth has been for most of it's history


Well, I don't know that you can trust that data. After all, it was
produced by scientists. Those guys are so biased!

But I'm all in favor of returning to the Cretaceous. Maybe if we make
enough of the current species extinct, we can get back to some real cool
species, like big carnivorous dinosaurs.

Joerg thinks he's got problems with mountain lions? You with wolves?
HAH! Furry animals are wimps!


--
- Frank Krygowski


Well, they have started trying to back breed cattle to get long extint Aurocks back again.

Cheers
  #127  
Old January 19th 17, 06:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5,270
Default 58% of California is in Heavy Drought.

On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 6:30:28 PM UTC-5, Doug Landau wrote:
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 3:25:08 PM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/18/2017 5:40 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 1:00:18 PM UTC-8, Doug Landau wrote:
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 11:35:50 AM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:

https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/n...ecord-globally

Damned scientists! We need some rec.bicycles.tech denizens to go to
NASA and set them straight!

I tried! I worked there for a while. At Ames. They wouldn't listen.

Here is a geologic record: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geolog...ate_Change.png

You will note that our present temperatures is all hell and gone colder than Earth has been for most of it's history


Well, I don't know that you can trust that data. After all, it was
produced by scientists. Those guys are so biased!

But I'm all in favor of returning to the Cretaceous. Maybe if we make
enough of the current species extinct, we can get back to some real cool
species, like big carnivorous dinosaurs.

Joerg thinks he's got problems with mountain lions? You with wolves?
HAH! Furry animals are wimps!


Not Honey Badgers:
https://www.google.com/search?q=hone...oney+ba dger+


Are Honey Badgers related to Wolverines? That's a critter we have in North American and it's one that Joerg wouldn't want to meet up with on a trail. A Wolverine will even take on an adult Grizzly bear.

Cheers
  #128  
Old January 19th 17, 06:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5,697
Default 58% of California is in Heavy Drought.

On Wed, 18 Jan 2017 18:25:04 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 1/18/2017 5:40 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 1:00:18 PM UTC-8, Doug Landau wrote:
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 11:35:50 AM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:

https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/n...ecord-globally

Damned scientists! We need some rec.bicycles.tech denizens to go to
NASA and set them straight!

I tried! I worked there for a while. At Ames. They wouldn't listen.


Here is a geologic record: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geolog...ate_Change.png

You will note that our present temperatures is all hell and gone colder than Earth has been for most of it's history


Well, I don't know that you can trust that data. After all, it was
produced by scientists. Those guys are so biased!

But I'm all in favor of returning to the Cretaceous. Maybe if we make
enough of the current species extinct, we can get back to some real cool
species, like big carnivorous dinosaurs.

Joerg thinks he's got problems with mountain lions? You with wolves?
HAH! Furry animals are wimps!


Actually "land based" large lizards already exist. the Komodo Dragon
can be as large as 3 meters long and weigh 70 Kg. The largest recorded
was 3.13 meters long and weighed 166 Kg.

It might be possible to import a few of these creatures and as females
lay an average of 20 eggs in a clutch and, at least in their home
territory, numbers seem to be largely dependent on food availability
they could likely becoming quite common relatively quickly once
released into the wild.

It might be mentioned that as they prefer a hot dry climate southern
California might suit them well.

Escaping a lion would become a minor accomplishment. Just think of the
bragging rights for an individual who killed a dragon. Why, they've
been talking about George and his dragon for a thousand years or more.
--
Cheers,

John B.

  #129  
Old January 19th 17, 07:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,424
Default 58% of California is in Heavy Drought.


Do you know that if you weren't so terse and semi-communicative people would pay more attention to your postings. Most of the time I get the idea that you're going off to never-never land. But upon closer inspection you generally have something of worth to say. It's just a pain in the ass to find it.


You're forgetting the secret decoder ring.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvHjgJefkyc
  #130  
Old January 19th 17, 07:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,424
Default 58% of California is in Heavy Drought.

On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 9:39:38 PM UTC-8, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 6:30:28 PM UTC-5, Doug Landau wrote:
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 3:25:08 PM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/18/2017 5:40 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 1:00:18 PM UTC-8, Doug Landau wrote:
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 11:35:50 AM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:

https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/n...ecord-globally

Damned scientists! We need some rec.bicycles.tech denizens to go to
NASA and set them straight!

I tried! I worked there for a while. At Ames. They wouldn't listen.

Here is a geologic record: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geolog...ate_Change.png

You will note that our present temperatures is all hell and gone colder than Earth has been for most of it's history

Well, I don't know that you can trust that data. After all, it was
produced by scientists. Those guys are so biased!

But I'm all in favor of returning to the Cretaceous. Maybe if we make
enough of the current species extinct, we can get back to some real cool
species, like big carnivorous dinosaurs.

Joerg thinks he's got problems with mountain lions? You with wolves?
HAH! Furry animals are wimps!


Not Honey Badgers:
https://www.google.com/search?q=hone...oney+ba dger+


Are Honey Badgers related to Wolverines? That's a critter we have in North American and it's one that Joerg wouldn't want to meet up with on a trail. A Wolverine will even take on an adult Grizzly bear.

Cheers


When they interbreed you get ho-wolfs, or badgines, depending.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Airless Tires? And How Heavy Is "Heavy"? NYC XYZ General 32 February 10th 06 10:31 AM
Airless Tires? And How Heavy Is "Heavy"? NYC XYZ Techniques 31 February 10th 06 10:31 AM
Airless Tires? And How Heavy Is "Heavy"? NYC XYZ Recumbent Biking 26 February 10th 06 10:31 AM
THE DIVINE DRUDGING DROUGHT Sir Jean-Paul Turcaud Australia 0 December 1st 04 12:31 AM
how heavy is heavy(muni) thinuniking Unicycling 2 March 26th 04 01:27 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2022 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.