One Year

Old November 2nd 06, 12:06 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Jeff Grippe

Default One Year

Hello Everyone,

It has been just over 1 year since my accident last year. Although my
recovery has been great, I am nowhere near being able to ride again. There
is a lot going on in the New York City area to improve conditions for
cyclists. I feel fortunate to still be here and while I wish this had never
happened, there are a lot of good things that have come out of it. I suppose
I'm rambling a bit (that could be the medication talking) but I just wanted
to say that I'm still here, still interested in recumbent cycling
(especially trikes and quads), and thrilled to be able to post this message.

Thanks,
Jeff

Old November 3rd 06, 02:32 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Jeff Grippe" wrote in message
Hello Everyone,

It has been just over 1 year since my accident last year. Although my
recovery has been great, I am nowhere near being able to ride again. There
is a lot going on in the New York City area to improve conditions for
cyclists. I feel fortunate to still be here and while I wish this had
never happened, there are a lot of good things that have come out of it. I
suppose I'm rambling a bit (that could be the medication talking) but I
just wanted to say that I'm still here, still interested in recumbent
cycling (especially trikes and quads), and thrilled to be able to post
this message.

Thanks,
Jeff

Hang in there Jeff. You were extremely unlucky to get hit like you did, but
extremely lucky to have survived it.

Even Worthington has its dangers. I try to stay away from congested traffic
conditions, but that is not always possible. I simply will not ride on roads
anymore that do not have some kind of shoulder, unless there is no traffic
at all.

Mike Vandeman is all the time posting messages on how mountain bikers are
managing to kill and cripple themselves all on their own without benefit of
motor vehicles slamming into them. Cycling is surely not the safest form of
recreation we could be engaged in, no doubt about that.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

LeJog year Brian G UK 0 October 2nd 05 01:12 PM
Have your hurricane in a swing state in an election year 41 Techniques 81 September 10th 05 04:03 PM
One year on LSMike UK 9 July 5th 05 05:52 PM
Want to know what year... anything will help bear General 1 November 29th 04 11:15 PM
One year ago today - progress calendar fattyjules Unicycling 5 June 1st 04 05:04 AM