How old are bladed aero-spokes?

Old February 4th 08, 05:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Werehatrack

Default How old are bladed aero-spokes?

On Sun, 03 Feb 2008 22:27:03 -0600, Tom Sherman
may have said:

Werehatrack wrote:
And yet they still turn up from time to time. recently, someone tried
to give away three complete old Apple IIe systems nearby, and I know
of someone who still uses a TRS80 Model 3 for business purposes. (As
for why, I will state only that I have known few people who could
leave fingerprint ridges in a penny, but I think this guy would have
no problem doing so.)

Do you refrain from calling it a "Trash 80" in his company?

Naah, we both call it a Trash80. He's just too cheap to stop using it
since it still performs a useful task for him.

The first computer I ever used was a Trash 80 Model 1.

The first I owned was a bit later. What was the first one I used is a
matter of interpretation.

Old February 5th 08, 04:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sun, 03 Feb 2008 20:08:42 GMT, Ryan Cousineau
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

http://www.google.com/patents?id=qlV...=PP1&dq=614670

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

Okay Carl, go for the gold. I want to see a 19th c. patent for wheels
made from "fibrous carbon."

Dear Ryan,

http://www.google.com/patents?id=fm5...580377#PPP1,M1

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
Old February 7th 08, 06:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
wrote:

On Sun, 03 Feb 2008 20:08:42 GMT, Ryan Cousineau
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

http://www.google.com/patents?id=qlV...=PP1&dq=614670

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

Okay Carl, go for the gold. I want to see a 19th c. patent for wheels
made from "fibrous carbon."

Dear Ryan,

http://www.google.com/patents?id=fm5...580377#PPP1,M1

Paper-thin? Sure. Paper-light? Sounds good. Paper? I am surprised.

Old February 7th 08, 07:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 06:58:42 GMT, Ryan Cousineau
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

On Sun, 03 Feb 2008 20:08:42 GMT, Ryan Cousineau
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

http://www.google.com/patents?id=qlV...=PP1&dq=614670

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

Okay Carl, go for the gold. I want to see a 19th c. patent for wheels
made from "fibrous carbon."

Dear Ryan,

http://www.google.com/patents?id=fm5...580377#PPP1,M1

Paper-thin? Sure. Paper-light? Sounds good. Paper? I am surprised.

Dear Ryan,

Wave of the future!

Lower right corner, "Bicycling World," March 16, 1894:

http://www.nostalgic.net/index.asp?S...2D94pg15%2Ejpg

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
Old February 7th 08, 07:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
wrote:

On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 06:58:42 GMT, Ryan Cousineau
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

On Sun, 03 Feb 2008 20:08:42 GMT, Ryan Cousineau
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

http://www.google.com/patents?id=qlV...=PP1&dq=614670

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

Okay Carl, go for the gold. I want to see a 19th c. patent for wheels
made from "fibrous carbon."

Dear Ryan,

http://www.google.com/patents?id=fm5...580377#PPP1,M1

Paper-thin? Sure. Paper-light? Sounds good. Paper? I am surprised.

Dear Ryan,

Wave of the future!

Lower right corner, "Bicycling World," March 16, 1894:

http://www.nostalgic.net/index.asp?S...World-3-16-94/

TBW%2D3%2D16%2D94pg15%2Ejpg

I have to suspect that these last two innovations existed
(must...resist!) only on paper.