Bottle Cage Clamps

Old April 7th 08, 04:40 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bill the Cat

Default Bottle Cage Clamps

I have an old faithful frame which only has the one set of bottle mounts. I
have been looking for a clamp system and I found a brilliant summary of all
available on the market he

http://nordicgroup.us/cageboss/

The problem is that most of their recommendations are simply not on sale
anymore or avaialable form bike shops o/s that will ship internationally.

Has anyone seen something like these locally?

As ever, thanks for your kind input.

BtC

Old April 7th 08, 04:56 AM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble

Bill the Cat wrote:
I have an old faithful frame which only has the one set of bottle mounts. I
have been looking for a clamp system and I found a brilliant summary of all
available on the market he

http://nordicgroup.us/cageboss/

The problem is that most of their recommendations are simply not on sale
anymore or avaialable form bike shops o/s that will ship internationally.

Has anyone seen something like these locally?

As ever, thanks for your kind input.

Have you considered a pair of jubilee clips (hose clamps)?

BTH
Old April 7th 08, 05:00 AM posted to aus.bicycle
PeteSig[_2_]

"Bill the Cat" wrote in message
I have an old faithful frame which only has the one set of bottle mounts. I
have been looking for a clamp system and I found a brilliant summary of all
available on the market he

http://nordicgroup.us/cageboss/

The problem is that most of their recommendations are simply not on sale
anymore or avaialable form bike shops o/s that will ship internationally.

Has anyone seen something like these locally?

Try these:
http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product-0...ounting-23.htm
http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product-0...Black-5939.htm
http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product-S...bolts-9951.htm
http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product-M...-Cage-5797.htm

St John Street Cycles are very reliable suppliers in my experience.

Of course you could just take the frame to your LBS and get them to put in a
pair of Rivnuts (fancy pop-rivet type boss) for about $20.

--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

Old April 7th 08, 05:04 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Duncan

On Apr 7, 1:40 pm, "Bill the Cat" wrote:
I have an old faithful frame which only has the one set of bottle mounts. I
have been looking for a clamp system and I found a brilliant summary of all
available on the market he

http://nordicgroup.us/cageboss/

The problem is that most of their recommendations are simply not on sale
anymore or avaialable form bike shops o/s that will ship internationally.

Has anyone seen something like these locally?

As ever, thanks for your kind input.

As always.. google is your friend. Did you look that hard?

In Oz:

http://www.cyclelink.com.au/category131_1.htm

Lots of similar matches for o/s suppliers that ship.

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=clamp+on+bottle+cage
Old April 7th 08, 05:23 AM posted to aus.bicycle

i know someone that should be in a cage
http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...2+++%22park%22
Old April 7th 08, 07:14 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

On Apr 7, 1:40 pm, "Bill the Cat" wrote:
I have an old faithful frame which only has the one set of bottle mounts. I
have been looking for a clamp system and I found a brilliant summary of all
available on the market he

http://nordicgroup.us/cageboss/

The problem is that most of their recommendations are simply not on sale
anymore or avaialable form bike shops o/s that will ship internationally.

Has anyone seen something like these locally?

As ever, thanks for your kind input.

BtC

Give Ridgway Cycles in Stafford a call. They have boxes of odd stuff.
Old April 7th 08, 08:18 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Ted Linnell

wrote:

On Apr 7, 1:40 pm, "Bill the Cat" wrote:
I have an old faithful frame which only has the one set of bottle mounts. I
have been looking for a clamp system and I found a brilliant summary of all
available on the market he

http://nordicgroup.us/cageboss/

The problem is that most of their recommendations are simply not on sale
anymore or avaialable form bike shops o/s that will ship internationally.

Has anyone seen something like these locally?

As ever, thanks for your kind input.

BtC

When I needed an extra bottle cage on my bike I simply used some small
radiator hose clamps (be sure and get the ones which are tightened by
a screw) and some strips of leather from an old belt to protect the
paintwork. Worked like a charm over some very bumpy gravel roads.

Thats what I use. Never had a problem with them.

Ted.

| Ted Linnell |
| |
| Nunawading, Victoria , Australia |
Old April 8th 08, 05:17 AM posted to aus.bicycle
just us

My only disappointment with my bike was that it only had braze ons for one
bottle cage. I bought 4 cable ties, 2 more cages and cable tied them to the
frame. 5000kms later they are still working a treat, have been on lots of
corrugations etc, touring etc and no worries.
Kathy.
who doesnt get too tech minded

Old April 8th 08, 11:59 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bill the Cat

"Bill the Cat" wrote in message
I have an old faithful frame which only has the one set of bottle mounts. I
have been looking for a clamp system and I found a brilliant summary of all
available on the market he

http://nordicgroup.us/cageboss/

The problem is that most of their recommendations are simply not on sale
anymore or avaialable form bike shops o/s that will ship internationally.

Has anyone seen something like these locally?

As ever, thanks for your kind input.

BtC

Many thanks everyone. In the end the solution that's closest to my needs
was Justus' idea. Although the whole rivnuts thing sounds pretty good, but
I am mortally afraid of damaging my beloved frame (even if it did come with
just the one bottle mount).

The frame has well and truly passed its use by date seeing as I bought it
around 1982 (Tange Cro-mo road frame), but hey, I know when its time is up
when it gives out...

BtC

Old April 8th 08, 12:48 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Tomasso[_2_]

[...]

Check for wear on paint or tubes. Colour matched PVC tape or duct tabe might
be a good idea.

Tom.

PS: I have a Tange Cro-Mo frame (road, but with canti braze ons, longish WB
and high bottom bracket. Comfortable and robust, but not as zippy as the
Le Mond frame... Steel frames last and last.

Vintage campagnolo water bottle with the bottle cage- $10.00 [email protected] Marketplace 0 February 1st 08 12:17 AM
FA: Campy Record carbon bottle cage w/bottle, new jodi Marketplace 0 October 17th 05 12:03 AM
Giant OCR bottle cage Jon_H UK 2 July 18th 05 02:56 PM
bottle cage 'bags' Martyn Bolt UK 0 March 28th 05 09:57 AM
Bottle cage bolt Idris UK 11 December 5th 04 08:50 PM