campagnolo flip flop

Old November 12th 08, 05:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
josh

Default campagnolo flip flop

i bought on ebay recently something of an oddity, for me: a 28 hole
campagnolo large flange nuovo tipo flip flop, fixed, fixed. i have
only the shell, no guts for it. i have tried removing the dustcaps
without success. do they come out at all? any ideas what axleset
might work in it?
Old November 14th 08, 02:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

On Nov 12, 10:42*am, josh wrote:
i bought on ebay recently something of an oddity, for me: a 28 hole
campagnolo large flange nuovo tipo flip flop, fixed, fixed. *i have
only the shell, no guts for it. *i have tried removing the dustcaps
without success. *do they come out at all? *any ideas what axleset
might work in it?

10 by 26 axle, 175mm in length, solid. Then a set of pretty standard
Campagnolo cones, locknuts and then track locknuts. 1/4 inch bearing
balls, 9 onna side, just like similar road hubs.

you can gently pry the dust caps off or use a Suntour bearing remover,
spread out to support the caps lips, then tap out from the other side.
Old November 14th 08, 03:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Hank

On Nov 12, 9:42*am, josh wrote:
i bought on ebay recently something of an oddity, for me: a 28 hole
campagnolo large flange nuovo tipo flip flop, fixed, fixed. *i have
only the shell, no guts for it. *i have tried removing the dustcaps
without success. *do they come out at all? *any ideas what axleset
might work in it?

See, I thought this was going to be about the (thankfully) quick
abandonment of the Escape Mechanism.
Old November 15th 08, 02:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

On Nov 14, 8:39*am, Hank wrote:
On Nov 12, 9:42*am, josh wrote:

i bought on ebay recently something of an oddity, for me: a 28 hole
campagnolo large flange nuovo tipo flip flop, fixed, fixed. *i have
only the shell, no guts for it. *i have tried removing the dustcaps
without success. *do they come out at all? *any ideas what axleset
might work in it?

See, I thought this was going to be about the (thankfully) quick
abandonment of the Escape Mechanism.

You can say that twice, twice.
Installed a 2009 SuperRecord group yesterday and noticed the 'click'
of the RH lever was much more 'positive, clicky' than on 2009 Veloce,
Chorus or Record. Wonder if they are doing some sort of running change
to make it less soft feeling, once again, actually listening to
riders. Very unlike Campagnolo. Now, if they would just do something
about cogset ratios. Like have 11 or 12 thru 23, 25, 27,
29...thatwouldbenice(altho,12/27..11s....isnice
Old November 16th 08, 11:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Hank

On Nov 15, 6:27*am, Qui si parla Campagnolo
wrote:
On Nov 14, 8:39*am, Hank wrote:

On Nov 12, 9:42*am, josh wrote:

[...]

That's my one gripe about the 2009 Veloces...too soft on the rear
downshifts. Upshifts are fine, but being hard of hearing like I am, I
value that tactile feedback.