Cyclecraft

Old April 26th 04, 04:21 PM
JohnB

Default Cyclecraft

Just received my brand new reprint of Cyclecraft.

Excellent to see that the new National Training Standard has pride of
place on the front cover as well as on the back.

With the failure of the helmet Bill I'm sure more emphasis is going to
be put on proper cycle training.

John B
Old April 26th 04, 04:30 PM
Peter Clinch

JohnB wrote:

With the failure of the helmet Bill I'm sure more emphasis is going to
be put on proper cycle training.

That's mightily optimistic of you ;-/

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch University of Dundee
Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Medical Physics, Ninewells Hospital

Old April 26th 04, 05:18 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

JohnB wrote:

With the failure of the helmet Bill I'm sure more emphasis is going to
be put on proper cycle training.

Only if we make it so.

--
Guy
===

Victory is ours! Down with Eric the Half A Brain!

Old April 26th 04, 05:48 PM
JohnB

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote:

JohnB wrote:

With the failure of the helmet Bill I'm sure more emphasis is going to
be put on proper cycle training.

Only if we make it so.

I think the timings right.

As you know I'll be trying :-)

John B
Old April 26th 04, 07:03 PM
Pete White

"JohnB" wrote in message
"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote:

JohnB wrote:

With the failure of the helmet Bill I'm sure more emphasis is going to
be put on proper cycle training.

Only if we make it so.

I think the timings right.

As you know I'll be trying :-)

John B

Cyclecraft is a good place to start.

I remember the RoSPA cycle proficiency things of the 80s...

Dearie me...

Pete W

P.S. Mind you, at least there was such a thing!

Old April 26th 04, 07:41 PM
Tony Raven

Pete White wrote:

I remember the RoSPA cycle proficiency things of the 80s...

So who here remembers News of the World Knights of the Road?

Tony

Old April 27th 04, 12:39 AM
Gawnsoft

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 17:18:03 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote (more or less):

JohnB wrote:

With the failure of the helmet Bill I'm sure more emphasis is going to
be put on proper cycle training.

Only if we make it so.

Speaking of cycle training for the masses - can anyone tell me what
caused the drop of the Cycle Proficiency Test from everyday schooling?

Cheers,
Euan
Gawnsoft: http://www.gawnsoft.co.sr
Old April 27th 04, 08:29 AM
Doki

wrote (more or less):

JohnB wrote:

With the failure of the helmet Bill I'm sure more emphasis is going
to be put on proper cycle training.

Only if we make it so.

Speaking of cycle training for the masses - can anyone tell me what
caused the drop of the Cycle Proficiency Test from everyday schooling?

No idea, but they didn't have it when I went to school in the late 80s /
90s. The Secondary school I went to didn't even have bikesheds AFAIK.

Old April 27th 04, 08:57 AM
Just zis Guy, you know?

Gawnsoft wrote:

Speaking of cycle training for the masses - can anyone tell me what
caused the drop of the Cycle Proficiency Test from everyday schooling?

Good question. I think it was Progress. Anybody still riding a bike in
Thatcher's Britain was clearly a failure...

At least the yuppies will all die young of heart disease ;-)

--
Guy
===

Old April 27th 04, 09:53 AM
Just zis Guy, you know?

Geraint Jones wrote:

Is Paddy Hopkirk still with us?

I thought he was (Deceased).

--
Guy
===

FS - Cyclecraft vernon levy UK 2 February 9th 04 03:57 PM
A Cycle Helmet saved this lady's life. Steve R. UK 286 January 10th 04 02:59 PM
Cyclecraft Succorso UK 3 September 8th 03 01:23 AM
Cyclecraft Query asqui General 7 August 9th 03 02:35 AM