Scott Scale 960 commuter/utility

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 9th 18, 07:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Default Scott Scale 960 commuter/utility

When I went to the bike shop the other day and
asked for a kickstand, all guys laughed long
and loud and said no one EVER wants a kickstand
for this kind of bike. You are supposed to run
like a maniac thru the forest, they said.

Ha! They hadn't seen/heard nothing yet!

I put on the kickstand, which was a Spectra.

Then I changed the pedals to ordinary ones so
I can go with crocs, not bicycle shoes.

Then I put on the tube to hold the
shackle lock [1; photo]

Then I put on a rack, also from Spectra.

Then I put reflective tape front and rear, and
ditto fish-eye lights.

Last, I changed the angle for the hand brake
levers and shifters to follow a straight line
from my shoulders along my arms and hands.

Now it is as good a utility bike as anyone
I ever owned. Except it is very, very much
faster and -infinitely more fun to ride.

[1] http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/bike/lock.jpg

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

2007 Scott Scale 10 frame [email protected] Marketplace 0 January 23rd 07 10:56 PM
FA: Scott Scale MTB Components antony galvan Marketplace 0 March 17th 06 03:24 PM
scott scale 40 darkfield Mountain Biking 1 October 21st 05 10:01 PM
Scott Scale 40 darkfield Australia 1 October 16th 05 08:20 AM
Scott Scale 50 (2005). What do you think? Steve Mountain Biking 0 October 8th 05 06:10 PM