Motorists, Red and Green, learn the difference

Old December 28th 20, 08:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
soup[_6_]

Default Motorists, Red and Green, learn the difference

On 27/12/2020 19:24, Tosspot wrote:
On 12/27/20 11:56 AM, soup wrote:
On 26/12/2020 11:52, Tosspot wrote:

Yes, but I always thought the old 2 second rule was *much* easier.
Remember the old "Only a fool breaks the two second rule"?

That's distance to follow a vehicle to give you enough time to stop
should they 'slam on'.Â* It has nothing to do with red lights.

So you think there is merit in memorizing speed vs stopping distances?

Not to the milimetre. Just leave yourself enough(experience of driving
the car) room (either following other vehicles or approaching lights
etc) so that you don't get the vapours if you have to stop.

Also be aware of what's behind you, I cannot abide people who don't
use their mirrors both rear view and wings, at all times in case you do
have to 'slam on'.
Old December 28th 20, 09:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tosspot[_3_]

On 12/27/20 9:38 PM, wrote:
On Sunday, December 27, 2020 at 7:24:22 PM UTC, Tosspot wrote:
On 12/27/20 11:56 AM, soup wrote:
On 26/12/2020 11:52, Tosspot wrote:

Yes, but I always thought the old 2 second rule was *much* easier.
Remember the old "Only a fool breaks the two second rule"?

That's distance to follow a vehicle to give you enough time to stop
should they 'slam on'. It has nothing to do with red lights.

So you think there is merit in memorizing speed vs stopping distances?

We spell it as "memorising" in UK English.

That's because you are Johny-come-latelies. I'll swap my dictionary
over just for you.