Help Hoping

Old November 1st 07, 12:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
smee56

Default Help Hoping

Can someone please give me advice on hoping...i can ride reasonably ok
(So my frinds say) and i want to learn to hop. any advice would be
appreciated...

Mortz³

--
smee56
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 1st 07, 12:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jamessd

'Here' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65242)

--
jamessd

My videos:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WpBvnO6wVG0#GU5U2spHI_4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xkZLQzvf2g
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mtnedg1YS8c
Add me:
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 1st 07, 12:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
smee56

MY bad i cant believe that i didnt remember that one when i read it...im
dumb... so thnx

--
smee56
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 1st 07, 12:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

*1) *'This may help. ' (http://www.unicycling.net/learn/jump.htm)

*2) *'and this.'
(http://www.unicycling.org/unicycling/skills/hop5.html)

*3) *You can also do a bunny hop on a unicycle. In fact, it is probably
easier to do on a unicycle then on a bicycle.

To do a bunny hop on a unicycle, simply grab hold of the seat with one
hand, time things so that the pedals are in a horizontal position when
you jump, then leap upwards while pressing down on the pedals with your
feet

Bunny hopping can be a very useful (and fun) thing to do, whether you
are doing some mountain unicycling or just riding around town.

Hoped this helped somewhat my fellow Aussie unicyclist friend.
*Hazmat*

--
Hazmat

I'M 1 WEIRD AND UNUSUAL GREEK
CYPRIOT AUSTRALIAN WHO
IS DESTINED TO BE DIFFERENT AND I WON'T STOP TILL I AM.

'*Hazmat's What people think of me???'
(http://tinyurl.com/ytyaau)*

ivan wrote:
Its a wild ride, grabs me by the shoe-lace, and doesn't let go till I do
a face-plant.

http://www.usenet.com
Old November 1st 07, 12:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
smee56

thanks aye that will help to the days...I love bunnyhoping on my bmx and
i didnt think of it possable to do it the same way ona uni...going out
now to try get some more practice in before it gets to late...thanks
once again

Mortz³

--
smee56
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 1st 07, 12:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

smee56 wrote:
thanks aye that will help to the days...I love bunnyhoping on my bmx and
i didnt think of it possable to do it the same way ona uni...going out
now to try get some more practice in before it gets to late...thanks
once again

Mortzł

If you need more help, don't hesitate to ask me or any of the kind and
friendly people of this forum....

If you want, add me to your MSN.

Your new and good friend
*Hazmat*

Old November 1st 07, 05:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Think pogo stick.

Once you can can hop around forever, work on jump up curbs, and down
curbs, and learn rolling hops. Then work on making your hops smooth.
Instead of hopping 10 times before you jump up a curb, make it 5. Then
make it 2 times, then get to the point where you get to the curb, and
just rolling hop it, or just stop, and hop, and keep riding.

You can also work getting two stairs at a time, or gaping further out,
and crank/pedal grabs.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 1st 07, 06:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
corbin

smee56 wrote:
Can someone please give me advice on hoping...i can ride reasonably ok
(So my frinds say) and i want to learn to hop. any advice would be
appreciated...

Mortzł

If you hope really hard, it might help. Oh wait! You meant *hopping*!

-corbin

(sorry, I couldn't resist myself...)

--
corbin

http://www.corbinstreehouse.com
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 2nd 07, 02:35 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
smee56

corbin wrote:
If you hope really hard, it might help. Oh wait! You meant *hopping*!

-corbin

(sorry, I couldn't resist myself...)

lol boy am i hoping to learn to hop...no problems...it nothing compared
to what get yelled out of car windows is it..

Mortz³

--
smee56
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 2nd 07, 04:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Poseidon

Hoping!? Hoping!? If you need help hoping there's something wrong...

You have to have hope to learn hoping.

But, to learn to HOP better, just hop up and down as many times as you
can. Everytime you fall, get back on and do more.

I started doing about 20 in a row, then got all the way up to about 100
hops. By that time I had them down.

--
Poseidon

*If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!*

*Number of "Where's the other wheel?!" comments:* *2*
'*The best Juggling/Unicycling equipment on the
planet:** Renegade Juggling*'
(www.renegadejuggling.com)
http://www.usenet.com

hoping on the spot jamesbaa Unicycling 8 July 10th 07 02:00 PM
Hoping for 27 more months Davey Crockett Racing 3 April 3rd 07 05:18 PM
Hoping your age Racenut Unicycling 9 September 17th 06 07:51 PM
hoping and landing unizipster Unicycling 5 May 30th 06 10:53 PM
I was hoping that maybe Paul Australia 0 November 23rd 05 08:41 AM