Saw a motorcyclist carrying a bicycle

Old April 17th 08, 12:48 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc
Paul Turner

Default Saw a motorcyclist carrying a bicycle

On Apr 16, 12:47*pm, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
wrote:
He had one of those contraptions you see on the back of cars for carrying
bikes. But he had it on his motorcycle. Probably took the bike to the
mountains for some mountain biking. Prolly see more of that with the price
of gas going thru the roof.

I saw a bicyclist carrying a bicycle the other day. Somehow he'd got
it balanced across his handlebars.

--
Paul Turner
Old April 17th 08, 09:44 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc
Arif Khokar

Paul Turner wrote:

I saw a bicyclist carrying a bicycle the other day. Somehow he'd got
it balanced across his handlebars.

One time I saw a bicyclist riding while holding another bicycle's handle
bar (so the other bike was running along side the bike he was riding).
I wish I was coordinated enough to do that
Old April 17th 08, 10:09 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc
Zoot Katz

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 20:44:42 GMT, Arif Khokar
wrote:

Paul Turner wrote:

I saw a bicyclist carrying a bicycle the other day. Somehow he'd got
it balanced across his handlebars.

One time I saw a bicyclist riding while holding another bicycle's handle
bar (so the other bike was running along side the bike he was riding).
I wish I was coordinated enough to do that

It's not all that difficult. Starting from a stop takes some
planning. You have four wheels so balancing isn't a problem. Keeping
the ferried bike out of your line takes some hand strength and a
willingness to go slow down hills. You have only one brake for two
bikes. Down tube shifters preclude using anything but one gear.

It's much harder to sling a bike across your handlebar.

I once ferried a bike while carrying another bike, less its wheels,
over my shoulder. The extra wheels were lashed to my rack.

These sorts of trips are best planned for the wee hours when the
roads are empty.
--
zk
Old April 18th 08, 01:15 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc
Paul M. Hobson[_2_]

Paul Turner wrote:
I saw a bicyclist carrying a bicycle the other day. Somehow he'd got
it balanced across his handlebars.

You can do anything on a bike:
http://fastermustache.org/gallery/bi...00084.jpg.html

\\paul
--
Paul M. Hobson
..:change the f to ph to reply:.
Old April 18th 08, 01:31 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc
Brent P

In article , Paul M. Hobson wrote:
Paul Turner wrote:
I saw a bicyclist carrying a bicycle the other day. Somehow he'd got
it balanced across his handlebars.

You can do anything on a bike:
http://fastermustache.org/gallery/bi...00084.jpg.html

http://www.bikesatwork.com/bicycle-d...re-moving.html

The largest thing I've ever moved by bicycle was probably the electric
cooling fan assembly for my mustang. I brought network cable (what I had
on hand) and duct tape. With that I turned the box with the fan in it
into a back pack. Got some odd looks biking it back, but it beat driving
my car without a cooling fan. (although I probably could have, just
didn't want to risk it)

Old April 18th 08, 01:52 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc
Leo Lichtman

"Brent P" wrote: The largest thing I've ever moved by bicycle was probably
the electric
cooling fan assembly for my mustang. (clip)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bicyclists in Asia haul some ungodly large loads, including a pile of dead
pigs, chickens in a cage, huge bundles of hay, and many other unbelievable
burdens--even a car body. I'm sure many of you have seen the pictures--if I
had the link I would post it.

Old April 18th 08, 02:05 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc
Zoot Katz

http://aistigave.hit.bg/Logistics/
--
zk
Old April 18th 08, 02:16 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc
Brent P

In article , Leo Lichtman wrote:

"Brent P" wrote: The largest thing I've ever moved by bicycle was probably
the electric
cooling fan assembly for my mustang. (clip)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bicyclists in Asia haul some ungodly large loads, including a pile of dead
pigs, chickens in a cage, huge bundles of hay, and many other unbelievable
burdens--even a car body. I'm sure many of you have seen the pictures--if I
had the link I would post it.

Yes I know. Did you look at the link I posted? It's people in the US
transporting things like large appliances by bicycle.

I've had nothing but road bikes since the 80s... not exactly the best
bikes for carrying crap. If I can't put it on my back or in my pockets
or just have it in a bag tied to the handlebars it probably won't
be carried.

Old April 18th 08, 02:39 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc

On Apr 17, 4:44 pm, Arif Khokar wrote:
Paul Turner wrote:
I saw a bicyclist carrying a bicycle the other day. Somehow he'd got
it balanced across his handlebars.

One time I saw a bicyclist riding while holding another bicycle's handle
bar (so the other bike was running along side the bike he was riding).
I wish I was coordinated enough to do that

You probably are. It's not difficult at all.

When I've done it, I've grabbed the other bike by the stem. That way
any unsteadiness doesn't tend to twist the handlebars.

The worst problem is that shifting gears is difficult or impossible -
at least, for me. (Hmm. Maybe brifters do have a use besides
racing!) So it's best at fairly slow speed on fairly flat ground.

- Frank Krygowski

Saw a motorcyclist carrying a bicycle Leo Lichtman General 0 April 16th 08 09:35 PM
bicycle attachment for carrying women [email protected] Techniques 11 January 19th 08 08:01 AM
STUPID (Is There Any Other?) MOTORCYCLIST Hits Van Carrying Obama's Wife! Twatala Cunzler Techniques 13 October 13th 07 06:49 PM
Carrying Chancock Unicycling 18 January 29th 07 02:27 PM
Set a motorcyclist to catch a motorcyclist Danny Colyer UK 17 November 8th 03 06:38 PM