Tour of the Eastern Shore

Old April 30th 08, 01:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
mlmartinet

Default Tour of the Eastern Shore

I was looking to plan a tour of the Delmarva Peninsula. I was
planning to leave from Kiptopeake State Park and end in Lewes
Delaware. I was wondering if staying on US Thirteen would be a good
route and what are some things I should look for any good stops? I
was planning on stopping at Assategue National Park maybe for a lay
over. I was looking at maybe taking a few days to do it probably up
to a week for a round trip. It's still a plan hopefully I'll get
around to it in the near future.
Old April 30th 08, 02:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Bill Cotton[_2_]

http://www.mdot.state.md.us/Planning..._Map_Side1.pdf
Maryland has bicycle maps at the above site.
US 13 is the only road in some section. I found that the business route is
best going through Salbury. I Rode from Philadelphia to Norfolk and use Rt
13 south of Dover. Delaware has a signed bicycle bicycle route that go near
Lewes DE. and ends in Fenwick Island http://www.billcotton.com/delaware1.htm
Stay on the coast roads to Assateague Island.

Old May 1st 08, 09:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

On Apr 29, 7:43 pm, mlmartinet wrote:
I was looking to plan a tour of the Delmarva Peninsula. I was
planning to leave from Kiptopeake State Park and end in Lewes
Delaware. I was wondering if staying on US Thirteen would be a good
route and what are some things I should look for any good stops? I
was planning on stopping at Assategue National Park maybe for a lay
over. I was looking at maybe taking a few days to do it probably up
to a week for a round trip. It's still a plan hopefully I'll get
around to it in the near future.

The East Coast Greenway http://www.greenway.org/ tries to use trails
when possible, but is geared toward transversing the whole U.S. coast.
Old May 2nd 08, 01:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
bdbafh

On Apr 29, 8:43 pm, mlmartinet wrote:
I was looking to plan a tour of the Delmarva Peninsula. I was
planning to leave from Kiptopeake State Park and end in Lewes
Delaware. I was wondering if staying on US Thirteen would be a good
route and what are some things I should look for any good stops? I
was planning on stopping at Assategue National Park maybe for a lay
over. I was looking at maybe taking a few days to do it probably up
to a week for a round trip. It's still a plan hopefully I'll get
around to it in the near future.

http://www.deldot.gov/information/co...are/maps.shtml
http://www.deldot.gov/information/co...f/dmapinfo.pdf
http://www.deldot.gov/information/co.../pdf/DEmap.pdf

US 1 from South Bethany Beach to Lewes is flat as can be except for
one overpass. It sure is fun to hammer on with a 30 mph tailwind. Wide
shoulders and no stops for almost 12 miles, IIRC.

-bdbafh

what the *%#& is north shore? mornish Unicycling 29 June 22nd 07 08:41 PM
maine north shore skianduniaddict Unicycling 7 February 13th 07 05:26 AM
Ore To Shore Race musketman Unicycling 0 February 12th 06 05:31 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland, Delaware, Virginia Al Kubeluis Mountain Biking 2 January 18th 05 01:38 PM
Theres the North Shore then theres the NORTH SHORE! tomblackwood Unicycling 2 July 10th 03 08:44 AM