Bike trip to Sparta

Old May 17th 06, 10:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Default Bike trip to Sparta

http://strony.aster.pl/xenon/

Old May 18th 06, 02:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Xenon wrote:

http://strony.aster.pl/xenon/

Ha! τΏΤ¬ And I thought I'd be reading about someone's weekend trip in
Wisconsin.

--
*****************************
Chuck Anderson • Boulder, CO
Old May 18th 06, 04:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

My first reaction, too, was: "Isn't it great to see recognition of one of
Wisconsin's great bike trails and also one of he first - the 37 mile Elroy
to Sparta route.

"Chuck Anderson" wrote in message
. ..
Xenon wrote:

http://strony.aster.pl/xenon/

Ha! τΏΤ¬ And I thought I'd be reading about someone's weekend trip in
Wisconsin.

--
*****************************
Chuck Anderson • Boulder, CO
http://www.CycleTourist.com
The world is my country,
Science, my religion.

Interesting! By my reckoning, following Stanley Jaki's philosophy of
science writings, the origin of science is the Judeo-Christian principle
that truth is unitary. So long as other systems, like paganism, held sway,
"scientific truth" was just one alternative version, and lacked any special
status. Astronomy, e.g., had no edge over astrology. It was precisely the
Christian orthodoxy that vouched for scientific truths - such as they were -
as genuine truths that had to be harmonized with revelation. To the extent
that status has been compromised by modern secularism, science itself is
already reeling under the weight of political correctness. You were better
off seaching out mysticism in Austria!
*****************************

Old May 19th 06, 02:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Xenon wrote:

http://strony.aster.pl/xenon/

Ha! τΏΤ¬ And I thought I'd be reading about someone's weekend trip in
Wisconsin.

--
*****************************
Chuck Anderson • Boulder, CO
http://www.CycleTourist.com
The world is my country,
Science, my religion.

Interesting!

Hey Ron, in the vein of keeping things on a friendly basis here, I'm
going to side-step your Judeo Christian inanities this time and ask that
you contain your need to pontificate here.

Regardless of our obvious differences, I have always felt a sense of
kinship with you in this newsgroup. But I resent your desire to attempt
to belittle my personal beliefs ( my essay on Synchronicity in
Austria). It is your JC beliefs that I find to be archaic mysticism. And
your christianity=science spin is at best laughable.

--
*****************************
Chuck Anderson • Boulder, CO
Old May 19th 06, 09:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Chuck Anderson wrote:
Ron Wallenfang wrote:

snip

I was always taught that it is rude to speak of religion or money
outside of the family. Perhaps we should try to keep it on the subject
of bike touring?

Old May 21st 06, 03:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Default Bike trip to Sparta et al

As it happens, I may well need some advice next spring on the best way to
bike across Colorado, so for that utilitarian reason alone I want your
goodwill, which I want anyway, with or without a utilitarian motive. I hope
your daughter is doing well at HLS!

I viewed your postscript, obviously erroneously, as inviting comment. Sorry
about that.

Ron

Ron Wallenfang wrote:

"Chuck Anderson" wrote in message
m...

Old May 23rd 06, 02:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Default not really ... Bike trip to Sparta et al

I appreciate the reply, and the sentiment. Very magnanimous of you (I
love that word) ... thanks.

Of course I'll be glad to offer any Colorado advice I can .... to you
and anyone else heading this way.

And thanks for the thought about my daughter. She finished 1L just last
week and is thankful for the few days of down time before she starts her
summer work.

Chuck

Ron Wallenfang wrote:

"Chuck Anderson" wrote in message
om...

Xenon wrote:

http://strony.aster.pl/xenon/

Ha! τΏΤ¬ And I thought I'd be reading about someone's weekend trip in
Wisconsin.

Interesting!

Hey Ron, in the vein of keeping things on a friendly basis here, ....

--
Chuck Anderson • Boulder, CO
http://www.CycleTourist.com

if you wanted maximum braking, where would you sit? wle Techniques 133 November 18th 15 02:10 AM
Trip Report - Philadelphia/Savannah/Milwaukee Ron Wallenfang Rides 3 August 21st 05 02:45 AM
Corrected Trip Report - Philadelphia/Savannah/Milwaukee Ron Wallenfang Rides 1 August 9th 05 04:25 PM
The Bike Show Danny Colyer UK 1 July 7th 05 10:24 PM
Autofaq now on faster server Simon Brooke UK 216 April 1st 05 10:09 AM