Fixies are really going to passe soon!

Old August 10th 06, 04:39 AM posted to aus.bicycle
PiledHigher

Default Fixies are really going to passe soon!

http://www.bikebiz.co.uk/newsitem.php?id=24245

Old August 10th 06, 05:07 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb

PiledHigher Wrote:
http://www.bikebiz.co.uk/newsitem.php?id=24245

I hereby predict early 1980's MTB's to be the next **Big Thing**.

Forget about 42:12, hip 'n grovvy is now 48:38:28.

With a Adamas gruppo mix.

--
cfsmtb

Old August 10th 06, 05:34 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB

cfsmtb wrote:
PiledHigher Wrote:
http://www.bikebiz.co.uk/newsitem.php?id=24245

I hereby predict early 1980's MTB's to be the next **Big Thing**.

Forget about 42:12, hip 'n grovvy is now 48:38:28.

With a Adamas gruppo mix.

So when will the orange and purple monsters become hip? Still got yours
just in case Tim?

DaveB
Old August 10th 06, 05:42 AM posted to aus.bicycle
dej

DaveB wrote:

So when will the orange and purple monsters become hip? Still got yours
just in case Tim?

DaveB

was riding behind someone on one of those things last weekend on the
1:20 (going downhill).
she was scooting along at around 50kph on that beast, and is certainly
a lot braver than me in doing so

Old August 10th 06, 06:13 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Resound

"cfsmtb" wrote in message

PiledHigher Wrote:
http://www.bikebiz.co.uk/newsitem.php?id=24245

I hereby predict early 1980's MTB's to be the next **Big Thing**.

Forget about 42:12, hip 'n grovvy is now 48:38:28.

With a Adamas gruppo mix.

--
cfsmtb

Either that or Raleigh 3spd bikes complete with full gear case.

Old August 10th 06, 06:42 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Marx SS

coaster brakes !

--
Marx SS

Old August 10th 06, 07:19 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Random Data

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 14:07:52 +1000, cfsmtb wrote:

Forget about 42:12, hip 'n grovvy is now 48:38:28.

Hmm. Got one of those, with Suntour written on it. No, you can't have it.

Dave - who may end up putting it on the retro-ish singlespeed.

--
Dave Hughes |
"Sanity is like money; you should just have enough to get by. Any more

Old August 10th 06, 08:00 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2006-08-10, dej (aka Bruce)

DaveB wrote:

So when will the orange and purple monsters become hip? Still got yours
just in case Tim?

Yup. Don't know about bothering to take it North though. Depends how
much spare room in the truck.

was riding behind someone on one of those things last weekend on the
1:20 (going downhill).
she was scooting along at around 50kph on that beast, and is certainly
a lot braver than me in doing so

I hit about 75km/h down the warrandyte hill on my first BR. For quite
a while, I was faster that time than I was once I got the roady.
There is one benefit to a heavy extremely non-twitchy bike

--
TimC
We are no longer the knights who say "ni"
Old August 10th 06, 02:21 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Joel Mayes

On 2006-08-10, Marx SS wrote:

coaster brakes !

Coaster brake are so last year, bring back 1 inch chains and seats so
high you need pegs frame to step up on.

Portland: Fixies are Illegal Paul J. Berg Techniques 145 September 10th 06 12:16 AM
US: Judge finds fault with fixies cfsmtb Australia 64 September 5th 06 11:31 PM
Six Fixies Gags Australia 3 February 3rd 06 12:04 AM
just curious: fixies DD Recumbent Biking 2 January 8th 06 07:59 PM
Do fixies have problems with breaking crankshafts? Blair P. Houghton Techniques 9 June 21st 05 01:09 AM