Size of tubes for 2.3 tires

Old September 7th 03, 09:20 PM
Erling Ringen Elvsrud

Default Size of tubes for 2.3 tires

Hello,

I wonder if the size of tubes vary in other aspects than their
diameter( 26 inches ). I have 2.3 Hutchinson Scorpion tires on my bike,
what kind of tubes should I use? ( new bike new tires, I'm not used to
such big tire footprint ).

Thanks in advance

Erling
Old September 8th 03, 01:19 AM
A Muzi

"Erling Ringen Elvsrud" wrote in message
I wonder if the size of tubes vary in other aspects than their
diameter( 26 inches ). I have 2.3 Hutchinson Scorpion tires on my bike,
what kind of tubes should I use? ( new bike new tires, I'm not used to
such big tire footprint ).

IRC makes a really ample "downhill" 26x2.2~3.0 tube that measures a
whopping 73mm/2.8" folded flat!

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Old September 8th 03, 02:04 AM
Sorni

"E & V Willson" top-posted in message

A Muzi wrote:

"Erling Ringen Elvsrud" wrote in

message
I wonder if the size of tubes vary in other aspects than their
diameter( 26 inches ). I have 2.3 Hutchinson Scorpion tires on my

bike,
what kind of tubes should I use? ( new bike new tires, I'm not used to
such big tire footprint ).

IRC makes a really ample "downhill" 26x2.2~3.0 tube that measures a
whopping 73mm/2.8" folded flat!

I have done this with an aluminum can. Take the ends off and cut the
cylindrical side into an appropriately shaped piece. Two wraps around the

seat
post should do it.YMMV.

Ummm, huh?

Bill "aluminum can tire liners, on the other hand..." S.

Old September 8th 03, 02:49 AM
E & V Willson

Sorry for the error..The aluminum can is for a seat post shim and was posted
accidentally as an answer to the wrong question.

Regards,
Ernie

Old September 8th 03, 03:08 AM
Sorni

"E & V Willson" wrote in message
Sorry for the error..The aluminum can is for a seat post shim and was

posted
accidentally as an answer to the wrong question.

No problem; saw it (the "correct" thread) right after.

Bill "still, it WOULD prevent punctures " S.