Record Profit pedals

Old December 27th 03, 01:32 PM
richard

Default Record Profit pedals

Greetings!

Before I mount my new Ti-spindled Profit pedals, I'm concerned about
galling...

The instructions state use "grease". Considering it is Ti against Al, is
Finish Line (a synthetic/teflon grease) all right? Would finding and
applying a cheap lithium grease be more likely to prevent galling? How
about the special "Ti Prep" products?

Finally, how often should the pedals be removed for re-application of the
prep? Leave them alone between bearing services? Every couple months?

Thanks!
Old December 27th 03, 02:32 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Richard- Before I mount my new Ti-spindled Profit pedals, I'm concerned about

galling.. BRBR

Anti sieze is best but a good grease will be fine as well.

Richard- Finally, how often should the pedals be removed for re-application
of the
prep? Leave them alone between bearing services? Every couple months?
BRBR

If ya ride in a downpour or frequently in the wet, about every 3-4 months or
so-

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old December 27th 03, 05:58 PM
Carl Fogel

richard wrote in message .204.17...

Before I mount my new Ti-spindled Profit pedals, I'm concerned about
galling...

[snip]

Dear Richard,

To avoid galling the less fortunate, you
must not start threads with titles boasting
about the unmatched profitabilty of your
pedals. Such claims belong in annual reports
to investors.

Otherwise, Peter's advice sounds good.

Happy New Year!

Carl Fogel
Old December 27th 03, 06:23 PM
Zog The Undeniable

richard wrote:

Greetings!

Before I mount my new Ti-spindled Profit pedals, I'm concerned about
galling...

The instructions state use "grease". Considering it is Ti against Al, is
Finish Line (a synthetic/teflon grease) all right? Would finding and
applying a cheap lithium grease be more likely to prevent galling? How
about the special "Ti Prep" products?

Finally, how often should the pedals be removed for re-application of the
prep? Leave them alone between bearing services? Every couple months?

Any anti-seize. Standard buy-it-from-any-auto-store Copaslip works just
as well as Ti Prep (which IIRC is silver in colour).

The pedals can stay there between bearing service/changes.

Old December 28th 03, 06:11 AM
A Muzi

Carl Fogel wrote:
To avoid galling the less fortunate, you
must not start threads with titles boasting
about the unmatched profitabilty of your
pedals. Such claims belong in annual reports
to investors.
Otherwise, Peter's advice sounds good.

The packaging says "Pro Fit" if that's any help.

Anti sieze paste is a very good idea around titanium where
it meets another metal. If you're not in high humudity,
annually should be fine. If in a moist envinronment go with
Peter's 'every few months'. Corroded pedals pull the
threads out on removal, an ugly thing.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Old December 28th 03, 07:32 AM
Tom Sherman

A Muzi wrote:

.204.17...

Carl Fogel wrote:

To avoid galling the less fortunate, you
must not start threads with titles boasting
about the unmatched profitabilty of your
pedals. Such claims belong in annual reports to investors.
Otherwise, Peter's advice sounds good.

The packaging says "Pro Fit" if that's any help.

Sad but true. "Record Profit" is a much more interesting name than
"Record Pro-Fit PLUS".
http://www.campagnolo.com/groupsets.php?gid=1&cid=9

Tom Sherman – Close to 41 1/2 ?N, 90½ W