Tiny Canary Wharf car sports sticker warning cyclists not to filter

Old June 30th 20, 03:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Tiny Canary Wharf car sports sticker warning cyclists not to filter

What a prize plonker this driver must be!
QUOTE:
It’s one thing seeing stickers warning cyclists about filtering up an HGV’s near side. It’s quite another seeing this.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbwKS4kX...pg&name=medium

Random Beef Generator @angryaboutbikes

Genuinely cannot believe my eyes, just seen a "Cyclists stay away from this vehicle" sticker on a car that is literally smaller than my armspan. I could hug this vehicle.

Random Beef Generator @angryaboutbikes
Replying to @angryaboutbikes

I spotted it when I was forced to move out into traffic due to it being parked on double yellow lines and I was riding on the road due to there being no cycle paths around Canary Wharf. Not surprising, Canary Wharf Group lobbied HARD against the embankment cycleway.

Old July 1st 20, 06:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

On 15:10 30 Jun 2020, Simon Mason said:

What a prize plonker this driver must be!

QUOTE:
It's one thing seeing stickers warning cyclists about filtering up an
HGV’s near side. It’s quite another seeing this.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbwKS4kX...pg&name=medium

Random Beef Generator @angryaboutbikes

Genuinely cannot believe my eyes, just seen a "Cyclists stay away from
this vehicle" sticker on a car that is literally smaller than my
armspan. I could hug this vehicle.

Random Beef Generator @angryaboutbikes
Replying to @angryaboutbikes

I spotted it when I was forced to move out into traffic due to it being
parked on double yellow lines and I was riding on the road due to there
being no cycle paths around Canary Wharf. Not surprising, Canary Wharf
Group lobbied HARD against the embankment cycleway.

Don't worry Simon. It's fake news. The sign doesn't say

"Cyclists stay away from this vehicle".

It says:

"Beware When Vehicle is Turning Left. Do not pass on this side."

See https://www.safetysignsupplies.co.uk...roduct/154766/
Old July 2nd 20, 01:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

On 01/07/2020 18:00, Pamela wrote:
[...]

Mind you, "Cyclists stay away from this vehicle" would be an entirely
reasonable request.
Old July 2nd 20, 11:11 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Wednesday, July 1, 2020 at 6:01:02 PM UTC+1, Pamela wrote:
[...]

I blew the image up and yet could not read the text, so I took the cyclist's word for it as he actually rode past it.
Old July 2nd 20, 12:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

On 11:11 2 Jul 2020, Simon Mason said:

[...]

It was the mistake to take the word of a lying cyclist.
Old July 2nd 20, 12:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Thursday, July 2, 2020 at 12:29:08 PM UTC+1, Pamela wrote:
[...]

Would the same person become more trustworthy if he was riding a horse?
Old July 2nd 20, 01:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

Random Beef Generator @angryaboutbikes Replying to @angryaboutbikes

I spotted it when I was forced to move out into traffic due to it
being parked on double yellow lines and I was riding on the road due
to there being no cycle paths around Canary Wharf. Not surprising,
Canary Wharf Group lobbied HARD against the embankment cycleway.

Don't worry Simon. It's fake news. The sign doesn't say

"Cyclists stay away from this vehicle".

It says:

"Beware When Vehicle is Turning Left. Do not pass on this side."

See https://www.safetysignsupplies.co.uk...roduct/154766/

Mind you, "Cyclists stay away from this vehicle" would be an entirely
reasonable request.

The author has faked the facts because the real ones don't support his
agenda. That's what cyclists like him have come to.
Old July 2nd 20, 01:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbwKS4kXYAEtqjp?format=jpg&
[...]

You made a mistake to post "What a prize plonker this driver must be!".

The prize lying plonker is the cyclist.
Old July 2nd 20, 01:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Thursday, July 2, 2020 at 1:47:48 PM UTC+1, Pamela wrote:

You made a mistake to post "What a prize plonker this driver must be!".

The prize lying plonker is the cyclist.

I think this warning is more appropriate!

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/4e/7e/55/4...25f3ce8ac7.jpg
Old July 2nd 20, 02:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

On 13:53 2 Jul 2020, Simon Mason said:

On Thursday, July 2, 2020 at 1:47:48 PM UTC+1, Pamela wrote:

You made a mistake to post "What a prize plonker this driver must be!".

The prize lying plonker is the cyclist.

I think this warning is more appropriate!

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/4e/7e/55/4...25f3ce8ac7.jpg

It looks like a pedestrian batting a cyclist off his bike!

Cycling into Canary Wharf Tim Woodall[_2_] UK 6 September 14th 17 12:10 PM
Commuting to Canary Wharf - advice sought [email protected][_2_] UK 34 January 27th 09 12:30 PM
Canary Wharf TooSore UK 11 February 25th 06 11:48 PM
Cycling into Canary Wharf Vivian UK 2 May 9th 04 08:49 PM
Cycle Commute from Kilburn to Canary Wharf Steve Nelson UK 15 January 23rd 04 01:40 AM