THE CASE FOR A MANDATORY CYCLE HELMET LAW
(IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA)

Old June 27th 20, 09:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default THE CASE FOR A MANDATORY CYCLE HELMET LAW

On Sat, 27 Jun 2020 12:14:06 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

A virus is a molecule.

No, it's not. In this case, it's a strand of RNA surrounded by a
protective lipid (fat) shell.

Exactly how do you expect a mask to stop a molecule?

N95 masks contain at least one melt spun polypropylene layer that is
electrically charged (electret) during manufacture. It works on the
same principle as an electrostatic precipitator used to remove smoke
particles from a chimney. The particle touches one side of the
electric and picks up an electrostatic charge. It then goes through
the electret layer and sticks to the opposite side, which conveniently
has the opposite charge. There is no attempt to filter tiny virus
particles. It can't be done. However, the viruses are usually
transported on the surface of water droplets (aerosols), which can be
filtered and trapped by electrets. Since you don't believe in backing
up your assertions with substantiating URL's, I'll not bother doing
the same.

I really don't care if you want to rant about government
mismanagement, or the real estate practices of your acquaintances.
Like the N95 mask, I'm equipped to filter out anything I find
disgusting. However, it would be nice if you would kindly do some
basic reading before declaring something to be useless or a
conspiracy.

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Old June 30th 20, 03:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Saturday, June 27, 2020 at 1:32:41 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 6/27/2020 3:14 PM, wrote:

I tried to speak to him about masks but he was hearing none of it. A virus is a molecule. Exactly how do you expect a mask to stop a molecule?

Here's some Grade school science, from
https://www.abc.net.au/science/artic...30/2859247.htm

"Viruses are tiny compared to all other living things, but they're
giants compared to atoms and molecules."

Tom, please note this isn't addressing any other aspect of your rant.
Just try to get the basic science right, please.
--
- Frank Krygowski

Frank, over and over you show yourself as a complete blithering idiot. A Wuhan Virus is 1.2 nm in diameter and if you are infect you expel hundred of thousands of them with every breath. The pores in an M95 operating room mask are .03 mm in diameter. I'm sure this is something you've never bothered yourself with depending entirely on the knowledge of Dr. Fauci to light your way to infinite knowledge. A cloth mask isn't even there to a virus.

Do tell me you moronic fool - why are you supposedly educated but are unable to understand that a virus is an RNA molecule - got that you stupid blithering jackass? A MOLECULE. Since you are so unsuited to science a rule of thumb that even morons should be able to understand is that if you can breath through it a virus, even one as large as a corona virus can pass through it as easily as a speck of dust through a chicken wire fence.
Old June 30th 20, 04:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Saturday, June 27, 2020 at 1:46:33 PM UTC-7, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
[...]

I am equally equipped to filter out anything disgusting such as your posting which are entirely meaningless since both exhaled high humidity and electrical charges overwhelm the filtering capacity of an M95 mask in minutes. I suggest you actually watch an operation and see how a surgeon will replace his mask several times in a particularly dangerous operation where the patient is especially sensitive to contamination.

And none of that addresses why you would wear a cloth mask when anyone that wears glasses has the problem of his glasses fogging up. Personally I couldn't care less if you hide in your basement for the rest of your life. If the CDC data itself and Fauci's statements before Congress do not convince you that this is nothing more than a Fascist conspiracy you will just have to wait until you have the shackles on before it dawns on you. All over the world psychiatrists have been predicting things like BLM as locking up people and preventing them from working cause psychiatric problems, suicides and other antisocial behavior. But surely in your mind it is all secondary to protecting your rather worthless life in your basement while your family starves to death. Oh wait since the CDC shows actual death rates far below normal you're not protecting anyone by hiding in your basement. You're simply being antisocial yourself.
Old July 1st 20, 05:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

[...]

Jeff, let me appologize for being so angry but surely you realize that there ARE no additional death rates for covid-19 and that 25% of those that have been reported are purely imaginary. An African scientist was given the PCR tests for detecting covid-19 and sure enough he used them on a patient with covid symptoms and he tested positive, then he tried this test on a Paw-Paw fruit and it showed positive. Then he tried it on a goat and it showed positive. Turns out that the thousands of corona viruses, cause the exceptionally sensitive PCR method to show positive simply from the environmental presence. Since I designed and programmed the first microtitration device to use PCR to detect HIV is blood which is barely detectable, I can well see how this could occur. The lower number of cases actually tested, the greater the chance of inaccuracy. On the order of 50%.

And the overwhelming majority of cases were diagnosed not from testing but symptoms. These are virtually identical to pneumonia or flu in these dreadfully ill people who died in a matter of hours.

This makes probably 25% of the covid deaths extremely questionable. All we can really say is that people who were under medical assistance to live died more rapidly then usual. We will have the exact times of life lost in a month or two but exactly HOW do you know these people didn't die of the normal seasonal flu? Remember that this too is a respiratory disease with nearly identical symptoms and treatment for those infected. We do not have a test to identify flu and MOST flu deaths do not even have that cause marked on a death certificate because later stages cause pneumonia which is the largest killer of older people

Just to make a point about M95 masks. The pore size is 3 micrometers in diameter and the size of a covid-19 virus is 1.2 nanometers. so the size differential is 20 times. And as I said, these pores are so small that the humidity of the breath rapidly fills them up and the masks must be changed. I have sat in an operating theater and watched that occurring. designing medical instruments made that sort of knowledge necessary. I don't remember what medical school it was at but I assume it must have been Stanford.
Old July 1st 20, 06:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Wednesday, July 1, 2020 at 12:40:21 PM UTC-4, wrote:
[...]

That's an amazing analysis, Tom. So many interesting points!

The trouble is, so very many medical professionals around the world
seem to disagree. There's something about their years of difficult
medical and technical education, plus years of professional practice,
that make them think differently.

I'm just wondering: Why is the world not listening to you? Any idea?

- Frank Krygowski
Old July 3rd 20, 09:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, July 1, 2020 at 8:51:53 PM UTC-7, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Wed, 1 Jul 2020 09:40:18 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Just to make a point about M95 masks. The pore size is 3 micrometers
in diameter and the size of a covid-19 virus is 1.2 nanometers. so
the size differential is 20 times.

Please check your math:

1.2 nanometers = 1.2*10^-9 meters
3 micrometers = 3*10^-6 meters
3*10^-6 / 1.2*10^-9 = 2.5*10^3 = 2,500 times as large.

"Fact check: No, N95 filters are not too large to stop
COVID-19 particles"
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/06/11/fact-check-n-95-filters-not-too-large-stop-covid-19-particles/5343537002/
The COVID-19 particle is indeed around 0.1 microns in size,
but it is always bonded to something larger. "There is
never a naked virus floating in the air or released by people...

Secondly, the N95 mask itself uses electrostatic absorption,
meaning particles are drawn to the fiber and trapped,
instead of just passing through.

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Actually it was 120x10-9 meters. The major point being that it was never designed to stop viruses and does not. I was talking to a surgeon that spends a great deal out of the US working with Doctors Without Borders yesterday. Here he owns a vineyard. Neither of us was wearing masks and we talked about it. Most of his work is in Africa so the one worry he has is AIDS. He says that if they have a HIV positive patient he wears two M95 masks and a face shield.

Like all very rich people he inherited it mostly from his Grandmother who ran a profitable vegetable farm in San Lorenzo. Where I lived there was a Mr.. Potts that became exceedingly wealthy in the time during and after the gold rush with a Chicken and egg farm. He then traveled the world collecting butterflies. If you go into the Golden Gate Park Museum of Natural History his collection is there today.

I bought four cases of wine off of our surgeon. Mostly white wine for my wife but a case of 2012 Cabernet. It is hell being old and without any real financial problems other than you don't know what the future may hold. My older brother worked all his life for the Southern Pacific Railroad and was expecting a comfortable retirement. Then just after he retired they sold the SP to the CP and through all of the workers onto Social Security and
Medicare. My younger brother remained blissfully ignorant of the real world and his retirement depends on Calpers. Calpers is heavily invested in foreign markets and California because of this lockdown may not be able to contribute to it for a very long time.

Old July 3rd 20, 09:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, July 1, 2020 at 10:49:26 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
[...]

The trouble with you Frank is you prefer to remain ignorant and pretend to be intelligent. That is your total means of expression these days. Virtually ALL doctors know that Fauci is a incompetent fool and so many have expressed it on YouTube that YouTube has censored most of them off of it for political reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZqGSnVt8c8

I realize this is both too long and too complicated for you to understand but it at the very least puts the lie your your comment about medical authorities not agreeing with me.

In your case what is clear is that you have no desire to actually know anything - you simply are disagreeing with me as a general policy. And everyone here knows it.
Old July 3rd 20, 10:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 7/3/2020 4:59 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, July 1, 2020 at 10:49:26 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:

That's an amazing analysis, Tom. So many interesting points!

The trouble is, so very many medical professionals around the world
seem to disagree. There's something about their years of difficult
medical and technical education, plus years of professional practice,
that make them think differently.

I'm just wondering: Why is the world not listening to you? Any idea?

- Frank Krygowski

The trouble with you Frank is you prefer to remain ignorant and pretend to be intelligent. That is your total means of expression these days. Virtually ALL doctors know that Fauci is a incompetent fool and so many have expressed it on YouTube that YouTube has censored most of them off of it for political reasons.

Really? Virtually all doctors know Fauci is an incompetent fool?

Why on earth, then, did this happen just a few days ago?
https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/...-mask-mandate/

And this?
https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07...t-coronavirus/

Even Arizona is inching toward masks:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...overnor-mayors

And when even the cowboy states get on board, you know something's
really up.

Are they listening to this doctor instead of to you?
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...overnor-mayors
Why, oh why would they do that?

I'm not even dipping into international attitudes. It's not only
American officials who don't believe you, Tom. This travesty of
disbelief seems to be world wide!

Tom, you've GOTTA get better publicity! This little r.b.tech group isn't
enough.

Get in gear, man! (But maybe first put your chain on correctly.)

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old July 4th 20, 04:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

(IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA)

I hear and submit myself to the nanny-state.