Couple killed by car on pavement

Old September 14th 10, 10:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_3_]

Default Couple killed by car on pavement

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/new..._ _car_crash/

Couple killed by car on pavement on residential road.

I was cycling that way on Sunday and the traffic was still virtually
gridlocked 24hrs later. The Sandbanks ferry was unable at times to
bring vehicles over from Studland because there was nowhere for them to
unload to. Someone I was talking to about it while waiting for the
ferry told me the woman who died was thrown over a wall into a garden by
the impact.

The Ferry problems meant chaos for vehicles leaving the Isle of Purbeck.
I was heading that way to cycle through the heathland to Corfe and
then back along the ridge top to Studland before back to the Ferry &
Sandbanks. Queues were massive into Corfe - must have passed about two
miles of slow moving cars - and lots of people trying to escape in vain
down small roads. I was just grateful I was mostly off-road and
avoiding it all with a beautiful sunny day and views to die for. Much
better than sitting in a car in a queue

Tony

Old September 15th 10, 07:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On 14 Sep, 22:18, Tony Raven wrote:
http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/new...om_Moor_Park_k...

[...]

A not uncommon horrific incident. Of course, the killer driver was
bailed as usual. Maybe the cops also gave him a cup of tea? I mean, it
could happen to any driver couldn't it. A momentary loss of control
leading to colliding with people on pavements and crashing into the
walls of houses. My advice is always stay indoors, preferably away
from the vulnerable front of your house, the only sure way of
remaining safe from killer drivers.

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.
Old September 15th 10, 07:34 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PeterG

On Sep 15, 7:24*am, Doug wrote:
[...]

Given milage driven on our roads it is uncommon,

Of course, the killer

Alledged killer at this time,

driver was
bailed as usual.

I would hope so untill all facts have been investigated.

Maybe the cops also gave him a cup of tea?

They probably would have done if he had been jailed.

I mean, it
could happen to any driver couldn't it.

It is possible that any road user could make a mistake.

A momentary loss of control
leading to colliding with people on pavements and crashing into the
walls of houses.

Indeed, but we do not know all the facts yet.

My advice is always stay indoors,

Why don't you then?

preferably away
from the vulnerable front of your house, the only sure way of
remaining safe from killer drivers.

UK Radical Campaigns.http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to drive

PeterG.

Old September 15th 10, 08:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Hansen

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 22:18:38 +0100 someone who may be Tony Raven
wrote this:-

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/new..._ _car_crash/

Couple killed by car on pavement on residential road.

I'm waiting for the first troll to come along and claim that a bike
could have caused as much damage and/or killed both of them.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000...#pt3-pb3-l1g54
Old September 15th 10, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike P[_16_]

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 23:24:02 -0700, Doug boggled us with:

On 14 Sep, 22:18, Tony Raven wrote:
http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/

news/8390653.Couple_from_Moor_Park_k...

Couple killed by car on pavement on residential road.

I was cycling that way on Sunday and the traffic was still virtually
gridlocked 24hrs later. Â*The Sandbanks ferry was unable at times to
bring vehicles over from Studland because there was nowhere for them to
Â* Â*unload to. Â*Someone I was talking to about it while waiting for
Â* Â*the
ferry told me the woman who died was thrown over a wall into a garden
by the impact.

The Ferry problems meant chaos for vehicles leaving the Isle of
Purbeck.
Â* I was heading that way to cycle through the heathland to Corfe and
then back along the ridge top to Studland before back to the Ferry &
Sandbanks. Â*Queues were massive into Corfe - must have passed about two
miles of slow moving cars - and lots of people trying to escape in vain
down small roads. Â*I was just grateful I was mostly off-road and
avoiding it all with a beautiful sunny day and views to die for. Â*Much
better than sitting in a car in a queue

A not uncommon horrific incident.

It's extremely uncommon, you dimwitted old git.

Of course, the killer driver was
bailed as usual. Maybe the cops also gave him a cup of tea? I mean, it
could happen to any driver couldn't it. A momentary loss of control
leading to colliding with people on pavements and crashing into the
walls of houses. My advice is always boring, incorrect, ridiculous and ?
repetitve.

I have corrected your post for you Doug.

--
Mike P
Old September 15th 10, 08:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

wrote this:-

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/new..._ _car_crash/

Couple killed by car on pavement on residential road.

I'm waiting for the first troll to come along and claim that a bike
could have caused as much damage and/or killed both of them.

I liked the tongue in cheek: 'Views to die for' from the OP

Old September 15th 10, 08:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike P[_16_]

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 08:39:28 +0100, David Hansen boggled us with:

wrote this:-

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/

news/8390653.Couple_from_Moor_Park_killed_in__horrific_ _car_crash/

Couple killed by car on pavement on residential road.

I'm waiting for the first troll to come along and claim that a bike
could have caused as much damage and/or killed both of them.

I am waiting for you to post something sensible.
--
Mike P
Old September 15th 10, 02:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On 15 Sep, 07:34, PeterG wrote:
On Sep 15, 7:24*am, Doug wrote:

[...]

Oh that's OK then. If drivers go far enough then the deaths they cause
don't matter.

Of course, the killer

Alledged killer at this time,

There seems little doubt about it.

"The driver was arrested on suspicion of driving offences and has been
bailed." Do you maintain they arrested the wrong person?

driver was
bailed as usual.

I would hope so untill all facts have been investigated.

The driver killed two people what more facts do you need?

Maybe the cops also gave him a cup of tea?

They probably would have done if he had been jailed.

Instead they sent him home.

I mean, it
could happen to any driver couldn't it.

It is possible that any road user could make a mistake.

And it follows that any driver could kill people, most likely with
relative impunity. Maybe the dead couple were foolish enough get in
his way as he was mounting the pavement at speed.

A momentary loss of control
leading to colliding with people on pavements and crashing into the
walls of houses.

Indeed, but we do not know all the facts yet.

What more facts do you need? The driver lost control mounted the
pavement, killed two people and was bailed?

My advice is always stay indoors,

Why don't you then?

Because I like to exercise my rights and not be intimidated by those
who are allowed to almost be in control of powerful machines which
might kill me.

Old September 15th 10, 04:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
bugbear

Doug wrote:
On 15 Sep, 07:34, PeterG wrote:
On Sep 15, 7:24 am, Doug wrote:

don't matter.
Of course, the killer

Alledged killer at this time,

There seems little doubt about it.

"The driver was arrested on suspicion of driving offences and has been
bailed." Do you maintain they arrested the wrong person?

The driver has been arrested, not convicted.

Surely a "radical campaigner" like yourself
should know such things, and (indeed) be
keen on human rights, and a legal
system based on "innocent until proven guilty"

BugBear
Old September 15th 10, 04:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

Doug wrote:
On 15 Sep, 07:34, PeterG wrote:

A not uncommon horrific incident.

Given milage driven on our roads it is uncommon,

Oh that's OK then. If drivers go far enough then the deaths they cause
don't matter.

What a thick **** you are. You still haven't got this have you?

In 2006 the UK had one of the lowest road death rates in the EU, at 5.4 per
100,000 population.

My advice is always stay indoors,

Why don't you then?

Because I like to exercise my rights and not be intimidated by those
who are allowed to almost be in control of powerful machines which
might kill me.

I wonder if these 'rights' account for you being hospitalised 3 times and
the constant 'rammings'?

--
Dave - intelligent enough to realise that a push bike, like a skateboard, is
a kid's toy, not a viable form of transport.