Yet another killer arrested.

Old October 15th 10, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

Default Yet another killer arrested.

Lorry driver in custody after cowardly fleeing the scene.

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/cy...errerPath=home

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Old October 15th 10, 12:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Hansen

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 12:02:10 +0100 someone who may be "Simon Mason"
linked this:-

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/cy...errerPath=home

"Colin Rae, 83, of Whiteclosegate, died after his pedal bike
collided with a lorry"

I wonder if we will find out if this assertion is true, or whether
the newspaper is putting out biased information.

Did the bike collide with the lorry, or did the lorry collide with
the bike?

Why can't the paper say that the bike and lorry, or the lorry and
bike, collided? That formulation does not seek to place
responsibility for the collision on anyone.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000...#pt3-pb3-l1g54
Old October 15th 10, 01:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JMS

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 12:02:10 +0100, "Simon Mason"
wrote:

Lorry driver in custody after cowardly fleeing the scene.

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/cy...errerPath=home

I know that you are a ****wit and ignorant in most matters - I must
assume that you do not know what standard police practice is.

What makes you say that the driver was cowardly?

If the cyclist ran in to the lorry ("his pedal bike collided with a
lorry") there is no reason why the lorry driver should even have
known about it. Lorries are big - didn't you know?

PS He is *not* in custody - I assume that you also do not understand
what "placed on police bail" means.

Anyway - many thanks for your continued efforts to confirm that
cycling is dangerous - much appreciated.

--
Stopping distances for bicycles do not appear in the HC ... and so
cannot be of any consequence.

Old October 15th 10, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

wrote:

Lorry driver in custody after cowardly fleeing the scene.

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/cy...errerPath=home

I know that you are a ****wit and ignorant in most matters - I must
assume that you do not know what standard police practice is.

What makes you say that the driver was cowardly?

If the cyclist ran in to the lorry ("his pedal bike collided with a
lorry") there is no reason why the lorry driver should even have
known about it. Lorries are big - didn't you know?

Ah yes. The apologist for Carl Baxter who asserted that there was no
evidence that he deliberately reversed his car into a young girl and her
father until a BBC report proved he had. Then you complained that we had
unfairly swapped sources and proved you wrong.

PS He is *not* in custody - I assume that you also do not understand
what "placed on police bail" means.

At some time in the legal process he will have been in police custody.

Old October 15th 10, 03:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Trevor A Panther[_3_]

i totally agree with your sentiment expressed here .

BUT

There is absolutely no point in bemoaning this "phraseology in frequent use
in reporting such incidents.

Write or email the source ot he repot.

berate the pess -- often local press

don't shout about it on here shout it into the "'earholes" of the newspapers

it is no use doing it on newsgroups -- cos none of any "push" ever sees
it -- only a few sad folk.

i have broken my self imposed rule to stop posting here and on the censored
urcm but i do continue to visit.both groups

I find it a strange it is strange that they both mirror each other in
believing that what is posted is of some import.

I am enough of a GOM ( Grumpy Old Man) not to care about establishing a
presence.

but I do thik quite seriously about reports like these
And it does hurt my inherent sense of "rightness" ( not rightchesness!
sp?)

so to get back towards the point -- don't "howl" on here -- well yes you
will --- but hit the perpetraters of this "biased" reportage -- not here!

--
From
Trevor A Panther

Old October 15th 10, 03:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JMS

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 12:52:01 +0100, David Hansen
wrote:

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 12:02:10 +0100 someone who may be "Simon Mason"
linked this:-

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/cy...errerPath=home

"Colin Rae, 83, of Whiteclosegate, died after his pedal bike
collided with a lorry"

I wonder if we will find out if this assertion is true, or whether
the newspaper is putting out biased information.

Did the bike collide with the lorry, or did the lorry collide with
the bike?

Why can't the paper say that the bike and lorry, or the lorry and
bike, collided? That formulation does not seek to place
responsibility for the collision on anyone.

Well that would not be fair - as surely you and the other psycholists
want to put the blame squarely on the driver - see Mason's other rants
on his "reports"

Old October 15th 10, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JMS

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 13:54:22 +0100, "Simon Mason"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Lorry driver in custody after cowardly fleeing the scene.

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/cy...errerPath=home

I know that you are a ****wit and ignorant in most matters - I must
assume that you do not know what standard police practice is.

What makes you say that the driver was cowardly?

If the cyclist ran in to the lorry ("his pedal bike collided with a
lorry") there is no reason why the lorry driver should even have
known about it. Lorries are big - didn't you know?

Ah yes. The apologist for Carl Baxter who asserted that there was no
evidence that he deliberately reversed his car into a young girl and her
father until a BBC report proved he had. Then you complained that we had
unfairly swapped sources and proved you wrong.

ffs : "BBC report proved he had"

Is that the only "proof" you can offer.

Yes - I am sorry that I had to correct you on that and show that most
of what you said was unmitigated ****e - and at the best speculation.

Was he convicted of attempted murder?

No he was convicted of dangerous driving and unlawfully causing
grievous bodily harm.

Feel free to report the actual "evidence" that was presented to the
court

If he had - it would have been pre-meditated - ie attempted murder.

Was he found guilty of attempted murder?

PS you need to look up the word apologist

PPS How many drivers in Hull have faulty headlamps?

Old October 15th 10, 04:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Hansen

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 15:30:59 +0100 someone who may be "Trevor A
Panther" wrote this:-

There is absolutely no point in bemoaning this "phraseology in frequent use
in reporting such incidents.

Write or email the source ot he repot.

I disagree. Making the point here broadens the number of people who
might contact the source of a report in their local area.

You have no idea whether I take the trouble to contact sources of
these reports in my local area.

Old October 15th 10, 04:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
francis

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/cy...collision-with....

"Colin Rae, 83, of Whiteclosegate, died after his pedal bike
collided with a lorry"

I wonder if we will find out if this assertion is true, or whether
the newspaper is putting out biased information.

Did the bike collide with the lorry, or did the lorry collide with
the bike?

Why can't the paper say that the bike and lorry, or the lorry and
bike, collided? That formulation does not seek to place
responsibility for the collision on anyone.

Well that would not be fair - as surely you and the other psycholists
want to put the blame squarely on the driver - see Mason's other rants
on his "reports"

-- * * *
Stopping distances for bicycles do not appear in the HC ... *and *so
cannot be of any consequence.
(Simon Mason - *who cycles at 25mph in 20 mph limits - and thinks it's clever)

Just another example of blaming the vulnerable victim, probably
because all the parties are motorists.
Old October 15th 10, 05:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Hansen

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 13:54:22 +0100 someone who may be "Simon Mason"
wrote this:-

The apologist for Carl Baxter who asserted that there was no
evidence that he deliberately reversed his car into a young girl and her
father until a BBC report proved he had.

He claimed that he had no idea that there was or might be a child in
a child trailer. It is possible he is that thick I suppose.

"Baxter said outside the court: "I had never seen a trailer like
that before. There was no sign to say a child was in it. I panicked.
I would give anything for it not to have happened.""

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1421135/Road-rage-driver-reversed-over-child-in-bicycle-buggy.html

Even if the pathetic little man was telling the truth why did he
panic? Is he so insecure that he panics because a much older man has
remonstrated with him, imagines that the trailer is full of armed
men who are going to rush out and attack him, so he is justified in
reversing over older man, bike and trailer. Sounds unlikely, sounds
more likely that he wanted to "teach the dammed cyclist a lesson,
how dare he remonstrate about my perfect driving, I missed him and
his toy didn't I?"

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000...#pt3-pb3-l1g54

Another killer driver arrested. Simon Mason UK 3 October 16th 10 03:06 PM
Well at least this killer motorist was actually arrested, unlikesome. doug UK 3 December 1st 08 02:37 PM
Cyclist killer jailed, motorist killer let off. Peter B UK 0 August 20th 05 09:18 PM
34 Arrested jake Social Issues 0 August 1st 05 05:13 PM
34 Arrested Just zis Guy, you know? Social Issues 0 August 1st 05 04:25 PM