Obstruction?

Old February 17th 13, 01:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

Default Obstruction?

Gosh, how cyclists obstruct free-flowing traffic!

http://tinyurl.com/c8xottl

Whereas we know that hell is other people:-

http://tinyurl.com/bno4ydf
Old February 17th 13, 01:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 17/02/2013 12:20, Squashme wrote:

Gosh, how cyclists obstruct free-flowing traffic!
http://tinyurl.com/c8xottl
Whereas we know that hell is other people:-
http://tinyurl.com/bno4ydf

Your second URL:

Delivering children to school by car is *not* dangerous, though some
NIMBYs near schools like to pretend that it is.

They don't like it because it is obstructive (for them and for certain
others) which is another kettle of fish.

And yes, there is a school near me. I don't care for the obstruction,
but I recognise that it is limited and temporary and that I can live
with it.
Old February 17th 13, 02:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Weissel

On 17/02/2013 12:26, JNugent wrote:
On 17/02/2013 12:20, Squashme wrote:

Gosh, how cyclists obstruct free-flowing traffic!
http://tinyurl.com/c8xottl
Whereas we know that hell is other people:-
http://tinyurl.com/bno4ydf

Your second URL:

Delivering children to school by car is *not* dangerous, though some
NIMBYs near schools like to pretend that it is.

They don't like it because it is obstructive (for them and for certain
others) which is another kettle of fish.

And yes, there is a school near me. I don't care for the obstruction,
but I recognise that it is limited and temporary and that I can live
with it.

I don’t like it because it is hazardous to the people who are walking
cycling and crossing the road. The types of hazards I refer to is:

1 Doors being fling open into children and pedestrians on the path as
well as cyclists passing in the door zone.

2 Drivers pulling away, not being aware of people crossing the road in
front of them and/or reversing into tight places where people are crossing.

3 Children emerging between parked cars, either to cross the road or to
reach mummy’s car on the other side of the road and being struck by traffic.

If I had my way, I would ban all traffic from outside all schools for 15
minutes either side of opening and chucking out time.

HPVs excluded, of course.

Old February 17th 13, 02:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Simon Weissel wrote:
[...]

imagine how cyclists would scream about that !

Old February 17th 13, 02:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Weissel

On 17/02/2013 13:26, Mrcheerful wrote:
Simon Weissel wrote:

I don’t like it because it is hazardous to the people who are walking
cycling and crossing the road. The types of hazards I refer to is:

1 Doors being fling open into children and pedestrians on the path as
well as cyclists passing in the door zone.

2 Drivers pulling away, not being aware of people crossing the road in
front of them and/or reversing into tight places where people are
crossing.
3 Children emerging between parked cars, either to cross the road or
to reach mummy’s car on the other side of the road and being struck
by traffic.
If I had my way, I would ban all traffic from outside all schools for
15 minutes either side of opening and chucking out time.

HPVs excluded, of course.

imagine how cyclists would scream about that !

Human Powered Vehicles. Who's screaming? :-)
Old February 17th 13, 02:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 17/02/2013 13:17, Simon Weissel wrote:
On 17/02/2013 12:26, JNugent wrote:
On 17/02/2013 12:20, Squashme wrote:

Gosh, how cyclists obstruct free-flowing traffic!
http://tinyurl.com/c8xottl
Whereas we know that hell is other people:-
http://tinyurl.com/bno4ydf

Your second URL:

Delivering children to school by car is *not* dangerous, though some
NIMBYs near schools like to pretend that it is.

They don't like it because it is obstructive (for them and for certain
others) which is another kettle of fish.

And yes, there is a school near me. I don't care for the obstruction,
but I recognise that it is limited and temporary and that I can live
with it.

I don’t like it because it is hazardous to the people who are walking
cycling and crossing the road. The types of hazards I refer to is:

All traffic movement is potentially hazardous.

Would you ban all traffic movements?

1 Doors being fling open into children and pedestrians on the path as
well as cyclists passing in the door zone.
2 Drivers pulling away, not being aware of people crossing the road in
front of them and/or reversing into tight places where people are crossing.
3 Children emerging between parked cars, either to cross the road or to
reach mummy’s car on the other side of the road and being struck by
traffic.

None of these are peculiar to schools.

If I had my way, I would ban all traffic from outside all schools for 15
minutes either side of opening and chucking out time.

HPVs excluded, of course.

Really?

Old February 17th 13, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Simon Weissel wrote:

[...]

I did not recognise the abreviation, so you have yet another
discrimination.
I find more danger from cyclists while walking than from cars and imagine
how many cyclist /pedestrian crashes there would be if the parents thought
there was no traffic allowed.

Old February 17th 13, 03:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOHR

Simon Weissel wrote:

I don’t like it because it is hazardous to the people who are walking
cycling and crossing the road. The types of hazards I refer to is:

1 Doors being fling open into children and pedestrians on the path as
well as cyclists passing in the door zone.

2 Drivers pulling away, not being aware of people crossing the road in
front of them and/or reversing into tight places where people are
crossing.
3 Children emerging between parked cars, either to cross the road or
to reach mummy’s car on the other side of the road and being struck
by traffic.
If I had my way, I would ban all traffic from outside all schools for
15 minutes either side of opening and chucking out time.

HPVs excluded, of course.

imagine how cyclists would scream about that !

Human Powered Vehicles. Who's screaming? :-)

Incorrect. Cyclists are not human.

--
Dave-Cyclists VOHR
''As the severity of the injury increased the benefit of wearing a

Results showed that cyclists without helmets were more than 3.9 times as
likely to sustain a head injury to those with helmets. Helmets reduced
the risk of moderate head injury by 49 per cent, of serious head injury
by 62 per cent, and of severe head injury by 74 per cent".
Old February 17th 13, 03:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave- Cyclists VORC

On 17/02/2013 12:20, Squashme wrote:
Gosh, how cyclists obstruct free-flowing traffic!

http://tinyurl.com/c8xottl

You could of course have posted a link to a Critical Mass where cyclists
scum deliberately hold up traffic.

--
Dave - Cyclists VORC
Bicycles are for Children. Like masturbation, something you should grow
Old February 17th 13, 06:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
M Wicks

On Feb 17, 12:26*pm, JNugent wrote:
On 17/02/2013 12:20, Squashme wrote:

Gosh, how cyclists obstruct free-flowing traffic!
http://tinyurl.com/c8xottl
Whereas we know that hell is other people:-
http://tinyurl.com/bno4ydf

Your second URL:

Delivering children to school by car is *not* dangerous, though some
NIMBYs near schools like to pretend that it is.

They don't like it because it is obstructive (for them and for certain
others) which is another kettle of fish.

And yes, there is a school near me. I don't care for the obstruction,
but I recognise that it is limited and temporary and that I can live
with it.

Quite. Almost like Squashme fundamentally objects to all car use
because he doesn't like the freedom from control that it gives people,
isn't it?