Cyclist groped 12 year-old girl

Old March 24th 12, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_9_]

Default Cyclist groped 12 year-old girl

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/Ba...ail/story.html

A 12-YEAR-OLD girl was groped by a man as she walked along a footpath in
Bulwell.

Her attacker made off on a bicycle after grabbing her on the path at the
back of flats in Potters Hollow. The path is well- used as it leads to the
Highbury Vale tram stop.

The victim was assaulted when the man approached her from behind on a black
mountain bike. The man is white, between 30 and 40 years old, about 5ft 6in
tall, and of broad build. He had a bald head and stubble on his face. He
was wearing black tracksuit bottoms, trainers and a black top with white
stripes down the right-hand side.

The attack took place between 6.55pm and 7.10pm on Friday, February 24, but
police have only just released details. Afterwards, the man rode off on the
bike along Leonard Street in the direction of Cinderhill Road.

Anyone who saw the incident or saw a man matching the suspect's description
in the area is asked to call PC Leah Howard on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800
555 111.

Old March 24th 12, 07:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On Mar 24, 3:45*pm, "Mr. Benn" wrote:
http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/Ba...irl-12-footpat...

[...]

OK. So if there were no cyclists would there be no sex crimes?
Old March 24th 12, 07:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

Default Bespoked Bristol winners announced including new unscheduled category

QUOTE:

It's only the second year for the Bespoked show for custom and boutique bike
builders so it's hard to speak of 'unprecedented numbers' but certainly a
lot of people squeezed into Brunel's Old Station in Bristol to see the
launch of the 2012 version and enjoy the presentation of prizes for the
various categories.

The overall 'Best in Show' award went to the West Country's own Robin
Mather, a first time exhibitor but long-standing frame builder, who showed a
deliciously well-thought-out randonneur/touring bike he hadn't even thought
of a name for as the judges hurried to see all the available exhibitors'
bikes. When he said that it was a bike that he envisaged cycling though
France on with bread strapped to the front rack, the judges obviously
suggested "Baguette" but Mather countered with, "Mmm, maybe Camponneur?" and
so what turned out to be the winning bike was christened.

Bespoked Bristol Category Winners

? Best of Show - sponsored by Reynolds - Robin Mather 'Camponneur'
? Best Road Bicycle - sponsored by Reynolds - Ricky Feather 'Rapha'
? Best Track Bicycle - sponsored by Brooks - Demon Frameworks 'Hermes'
? Best Utility Bicycle - sponsored by Brooks - 'Jane's Bike'
? Best Off Road - sponsored by Hope - Crisp 'Il Capo'
? Best New Builder - sponsored by Columbus and Ceeway - Matthew Wilkinson '
Mixed Gear'
? Plus new 'Touring/Randonneur' category awarded to Roberts 'Rough Stuff'
and Winter Bicycles 'Wanderer'

http://road.cc/content/news/55537-be...duled-category

--
Simon Mason

Old March 24th 12, 07:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 24/03/2012 18:33, Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

If only you posted more of that sort of stuff and less of your conceited
boastfulness and provocative nonsense.

Old March 24th 12, 08:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

http://road.cc/content/news/55537-be...ers-announced-...

--
Simon Mason

If only you posted more of that sort of stuff and less of your conceited
boastfulness and provocative nonsense.

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)

I concentrate toward them that are nigh, I wait on the door-slab.

Who has done his day's work? who will soonest be through with his
supper?
Who wishes to walk with me?

Will you speak before I am gone? will you prove already too late?

The spotted hawk swoops by and accuses me, he complains of my gab
and my loitering.

I too am not a bit tamed, I too am untranslatable,
I sound my barbaric yawp over the roofs of the world.

The last scud of day holds back for me,
It flings my likeness after the rest and true as any on the shadow'd
wilds,
It coaxes me to the vapor and the dusk.

I depart as air, I shake my white locks at the runaway sun,
I effuse my flesh in eddies, and drift it in lacy jags.

I bequeath myself to the dirt to grow from the grass I love,
If you want me again look for me under your boot-soles.

You will hardly know who I am or what I mean,
But I shall be good health to you nevertheless,
And filter and fibre your blood.

Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged,
Missing me one place search another,
I stop somewhere waiting for you."

From Walt Whitman - "Song of myself."
Old April 20th 12, 07:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark Williams

JNugent writes:

? Best of Show - sponsored by Reynolds - Robin Mather 'Camponneur'
? Best Road Bicycle - sponsored by Reynolds - Ricky Feather 'Rapha'
? Best Track Bicycle - sponsored by Brooks - Demon Frameworks 'Hermes'
? Best Utility Bicycle - sponsored by Brooks - 'Jane's Bike'
? Best Off Road - sponsored by Hope - Crisp 'Il Capo'
? Best New Builder - sponsored by Columbus and Ceeway - Matthew Wilkinson '
Mixed Gear'
? Plus new 'Touring/Randonneur' category awarded to Roberts 'Rough Stuff'
and Winter Bicycles 'Wanderer'

http://road.cc/content/news/55537-be...duled-category

If only you posted more of that sort of stuff and less of your
conceited boastfulness and provocative nonsense.

Yes, pluck that mote out of his eye. If interested, you can find Matt
Wilkinson's 'web log at URL:http://ninelittletubes.wordpress.com/. No
doubt some of the other winners have an internet presence, too.

--
Mark