Anyone ride through the 1st Ave tunnel by the UN?

Old November 7th 07, 09:53 PM posted to nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc
Prisoner at War

Default Anyone ride through the 1st Ave tunnel by the UN?

On Nov 6, 8:16 am, dgk wrote:
For two years I've been going by the UN, but when the UN was in
session a few weeks ago I went through the tunnel. I rode the right
(eastern) tube. Very fast, mostly because I was scared ****less of
being hit from behind by a car.

I don't know why people are so afraid of that. I suspect most car-
bicyclist problems do not occur from behind, odd as it might sound....

I keep my blinkies on and go through after the light has turned red
behind the tunnel, hoping that there won't be any cars when I'm in
there. Near the end it widens and then it's ok.

It's a fun ride; the key is to catch the traffic lights just so (doing
it on the weekends helps, too, particularly early morning time) and
jet downhill and use that momentum to keep pedaling. So do not
attempt unless you will ride fast, at like ~20 mph. Otherwise, what's
the point? You'll just be a speed bump for cars. =)

Unfortunately, there's a big ol' hill right outside the entrance...but
if you'd gone through the street above ("UN Way" or something), you
could jet down the small decline right before that hill (being sure,
once again, to catch the lights just so) and go up a good 85% of it
for "free"....

Old May 9th 08, 01:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
witweew[_2_]

yea, for workout music, you basically need hard-hitting

euro-dance music... nothing else does the job really.

Search around on itunes for "euro club hits"

or check this link::hyper:

http://www.futurelectrohouse.com/tracks

--
witweew
witweew's Profile: http://www.trianglecycling.com/member.php?userid=699

Old May 9th 08, 01:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
dgk

On Thu, 8 May 2008 20:41:14 -0400, witweew
wrote:

yea, for workout music, you basically need hard-hitting

euro-dance music... nothing else does the job really.

Search around on itunes for "euro club hits"

or check this link::hyper:

http://www.futurelectrohouse.com/tracks

Wow, that's reviving a dead thread.