Nimbus 36" VS Coker

Old July 27th 07, 03:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mark williamson

Default Nimbus 36" VS Coker

tholmer wrote:
Thanks everybody for your input. Looks like I will be ordering my
Nimbus 36 as soon as possible. Sounds like I should get the T Handle?

Some people like the handle, others don't. But after using one on my
36" for a bit, I bought another one for my 29er ;-) Apart from the
fact the handle can be nice to have, it gives you somewhere to put all
your stuff

See my review he
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54951

--
mark williamson

Dave: Just a question. What use is a unicyle with no seat? And no
pedals!
Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 31st 07, 03:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tholmer

Can you tell me what an airfoil rim is? Did you purchase it that way?
sorry if this is a stupid question...

Tammy

--
tholmer
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 31st 07, 06:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
innes

If you buy the Nimbus 36" Deluxe in the USA it comes with more options,
and a aluminium Airfoil rim.

In the UK we have to buy the rim seperatly, then get the wheel
rebuilt.

I think the standard USA Nimbus 36" unicycle is the same as the UK
Unicycle.

The Airfoil rim will be lighter, and stronger than the standard steel
rim.

Innes

--
innes
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 6th 07, 04:44 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

On Jul 31, 12:16 pm, innes
wrote:
If you buy theNimbus36" Deluxe in the USA it comes with more options,
and a aluminium Airfoil rim.

In the UK we have to buy the rim seperatly, then get the wheel
rebuilt.

I think the standard USANimbus36" unicycle is the same as the UK
Unicycle.

The Airfoil rim will be lighter, and stronger than the standard steel
rim.

Innes

--
innes
http://www.usenet.com

I have a 32.5 inch inseam. Will I be able to ride the NImbus 36 with
the handle. Is anybody's inseam close to mine?

Old September 6th 07, 07:37 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
feel the light

I have no idea why many sites post these crazy inseam requirements.
Perhaps they are sick of morons who cannot grasp the concept of a
hacksaw returning things. Not only the seat post, but also part of the
top frame can be shortened easily. I bet midgets could ride 36's if
they wanted to. A little bit of frame trimming and some pedal
blocks..... They might have some trouble free mounting, but then we
all do...or did.
As far as the Coker vs something else question, I would wait for the
Coker. They have been performing a strip tease for a month now. The
frame.....misc parts...a cool new rim. I don't see why they would do
that whole dance just to sit back stage again. I expect the new Coker
to pop out very soon, a week or so. If they weren't ready, they
wouldn't have started the promo show. Give the original 36 inch girl
some credit, and wait for her. It's not often we get a new show in the
big side of uni town ! Wait for the original fat girl to sing. Eat some
pop corn.

--
feel the light
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 6th 07, 04:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chrashing

Why is anyone optimistic about the new Coker AR big wheel? The AR 4
pronged frame looks heavy, and may be in the way of pedaling. The AR
rim has 48 spokes which serves no advantage over the 36 spoke rim.
There has been no word on the AR wheel not being 36" like all other big
wheels, and splinned hub (if offered) would only be a benefit to
extremely few extreme big wheel riders. Coker hasn't invented flubber,
the tires are the same rubber as anyone else's, maybe they have a
flopper.

AR = Almost Ready

I'm not going to say don't wait for Coker, but giving Coker the benefit
of the doubt, how much better than the Nimbus 36 or the Radial 360
could it be?

Nothing they've leaked has been revolutionary, it has seemed moslty
odd. Maybe if they leaked out "Aluminum frame", at this point, that
would be interesting.

--
Chrashing

Regards,
Ken ... I say it's a great exercise. They say it's a mid-life thing.
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 7th 07, 03:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
feel the light

You're all gonna have to wait. Coker has announced the roll out is next
week.
The double tube triangle frame doesn't have to be alum to work well.
Using tubing 1/3 as thick, they could have a frame as strong as the
radial and 1/3 lighter. Please pass the popcorn....

--
feel the light
http://www.usenet.com
Old December 29th 08, 03:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Buck[_2_]

I am kind of new to uni riding, 29 Aug 08 and have just moved up to (I
think Nimbus 36 inch) I bought this off of e bay and love it! The seat
says Nimbus, so I assume it is but except for the unicycle.com markings
there are no other markings. My question to the folks smarter than my
self, are there any other ways I can tell which model I have and what
is an Nimbus and will the parts from other 36 inch unicycles fit, bars,
cranks etc...?

Buck

--
Buck
Old December 29th 08, 05:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

Which of 'these ' (http://tinyurl.com/7ayzfd)does it resemble most?

Does the frame appear to be made of steel or aluminum?

Does it come w/ brake mounts? For what type of brakes? (caliper,
V-brake, Magura hydrolic)

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What next? 'IUF skill levels'
(http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/)*'
Street'
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia/Street)*'unicycletips.com'