SW Colo. DA hurt in Arizona mountain bike accident

Old January 8th 09, 06:02 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default SW Colo. DA hurt in Arizona mountain bike accident

Typical mountain biker....

Mike

http://www.examiner.com/a-1778323~SW... accident.html

Map data ©2009 Tele Atlas - Terms of UseMapSatelliteHybridDURANGO,
Colo. (Map, News) - Authorities say La Plata County District Attorney
Craig Westberg was injured in a mountain biking accident in Arizona
last weekend.

No details have been released.

The 64-year-old Westberg did not run for re-election. His term ends
Jan. 13.

Todd Risberg, who was elected in November to succeed Westberg,
confirmed the injury but declined to discuss specifics.

Westberg is chief prosecutor for the 6th Judicial District, which
includes Archuleta and San Juan counties along with La Plata.

He pleaded guilty in December to driving under the influence of a
sleeping pill. He lost his driving privileges for a year and was
ordered to serve 10 days of home detention, perform public service and
pay court costs and restitution.

---

Information from: Durango Herald, http://www.durangoherald.com

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old January 8th 09, 07:16 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Chris[_12_]

Thanks for a incorrect generalization about something which has
nothing to do with cycling, apart from how a person was injured.

Chris
Old January 9th 09, 03:28 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 22:16:55 -0800 (PST), Chris
wrote:

Thanks for a incorrect generalization about something which has
nothing to do with cycling, apart from how a person was injured.

How do you know?

Chris

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old January 9th 09, 04:54 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Chris[_12_]

On Jan 8, 6:28*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
How do you know?

Easily, because you didn't post any details apart from a link to the
article you copy and pasted in as well to link which supported your
seven cylibal "commentary" on one person's misfortune. Oh, and the
article that you both linked to and copy and pasted states in plain
English "No details have been released."

Are you suggesting that anyone who "mountain bikes" deserves any
injury they recieve just because you have an extremist view against
all forms of mountain biking?

How humanitarian of you. No, wait...

Chris
Old January 9th 09, 05:21 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Chris[_12_]

Easily, because you didn't post any details apart from a link to the
article you copy and pasted in as well to link which supported your
seven syllable "commentary" on one person's misfortune. Are you
suggesting that anyone who "mountain bikes" deserves any injury they
receive just because you have an extremist view against all forms of
mountain bikes?

Old January 9th 09, 01:07 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Siskuwihane[_2_]

Default Michael J. Vandeman Convinces People To Buy Mountain-Bikes

On Jan 8, 12:02*am, Mike Vandeman wrote:
Typical mountain biker....

Michael J. Vandeman, thanks for convincing me to buy a mountain-bike.
Had you not constantly cross-posted your mountain-biking info in the
backcountry group, I would have never even considered such a purchase.
You got me interested in something new and I appreciate it. Looking
forward to spending some time on the trails riding. Maybe we can ride
together sometime.
Old January 10th 09, 01:08 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Siskuwihane wrote:
On Jan 8, 12:02 am, Mike Vandeman wrote:
Typical mountain biker....

Michael J. Vandeman, thanks for convincing me to buy a mountain-bike.
Had you not constantly cross-posted your mountain-biking info in the
backcountry group, I would have never even considered such a purchase.
You got me interested in something new and I appreciate it. Looking
forward to spending some time on the trails riding. Maybe we can ride
together sometime.

Cool!

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
LOCAL CACTUS EATS CYCLIST - datakoll
Old January 10th 09, 02:45 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Chris[_12_]

On Jan 9, 4:07*am, Siskuwihane wrote:
You got me interested in something new and I appreciate it. Looking
forward to spending some time on the trails riding. Maybe we can ride
together sometime.

I'm building one too and plan on sending Michael loads of pictures of
myself doing so. I do not skid going down hills or in turn though.
It's really bad from an errosion standpoint, it is worse for stopping
than not skidding, and it kicks up too dust which could end up on my
bike.

It's a 29er, so it'll let me ride on the road too so I can annoy as
many different kinds of cyclists and cyclist haters as possible.

Chris

OK, maybe I'm not going to send Mike pictures, but I want to.