Roundabouts?

Old February 9th 10, 10:48 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
[email protected][_2_]

Default Roundabouts?

Hello,

My town, Grand Chute, just installed a roundabout. I'm definitely
going to check it out this spring.

I'm a recumbent tricyclist, so I sit closer to the ground than an
average cyclist.

Have any of you fellow recumbent cyclists been on such a thing?

It seems, to me, to just be a gloried intersection with yield signs.
Is there anything special I should look out for?

Thanks,
Cullen
Old February 10th 10, 07:50 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
gotbent[_12_]

wrote in message
Hello,

My town, Grand Chute, just installed a roundabout. I'm definitely
going to check it out this spring.

I'm a recumbent tricyclist, so I sit closer to the ground than an
average cyclist.

Have any of you fellow recumbent cyclists been on such a thing?

It seems, to me, to just be a gloried intersection with yield signs.
Is there anything special I should look out for?

Thanks,
Cullen

You have to watch out for the usual things...cars aimed by mostly careless
oafs, busses, trucks, obnoxious lycra clad racer boys, dogs tall enough to
pee in your lap, or eat your face, junk in the road...like I said, the usual
stuff.

gotbent aka FRT rider

Old February 10th 10, 09:24 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
[email protected][_2_]

On Feb 10, 12:50*pm, "gotbent" wrote:
wrote in message

Hello,

My town, Grand Chute, just installed a roundabout. I'm definitely
going to check it out this spring.

I'm a recumbent tricyclist, so I sit closer to the ground than an
average cyclist.

Have any of you fellow recumbent cyclists been on such a thing?

It seems, to me, to just be a gloried intersection with yield signs.
Is there anything special I should look out for?

Thanks,
Cullen

You have to watch out for the usual things...cars aimed by mostly careless
oafs, busses, trucks, obnoxious lycra clad racer boys, dogs tall enough to
pee in your lap, or eat your face, junk in the road...like I said, the usual
stuff.

gotbent aka FRT rider

Gotbent,

I'm curious. What makes "obnoxious lycra clad racer boys" so
obnoxious?

I hope my question doesn't start a war. I'm just curious.

VELOve,
Cullen
Old February 10th 10, 10:40 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
gotbent[_12_]

wrote in message

[...]

quoting not working
I don't know what makes them obnoxious. Some racer boys aren't obnoxious.
Just look out for the obnoxius ones.

--
gotbent aka FRT rider

Old February 11th 10, 03:54 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
[email protected][_2_]

wrote in message

[...]

Great reply, GB (is it alright if I vou call you that?). I'm happy to
see that you're not in INTENTIONALLY lumping "Obnoxious", "Lycra-
clad" , and "Racer Boys".!

I'd probably be "Lycra-clad" "Racer boy", If I still had the ability
to ride a bicycle. I might even be "obnoxious" too!

Regards,
Cullen
Appleton, WI
Old February 11th 10, 04:43 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

gotbent aka FRT rider wrote:
[...]
I don't know what makes them obnoxious. Some racer boys aren't obnoxious. [...]

Yes, the one's on lowracers are just fine.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
Old February 11th 10, 11:01 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Mike Causer[_3_]

On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 13:48:47 -0800 (PST)
" wrote:

My town, Grand Chute, just installed a roundabout. I'm definitely
going to check it out this spring.

I'm a recumbent tricyclist, so I sit closer to the ground than an
average cyclist.

Have any of you fellow recumbent cyclists been on such a thing?

Oh yes.

Don't skulk around the edge, take the lane so you're where the cagers
are looking. They'll pass on both sides then cut across your face, so
be prepared to brake -- don't swerve though because there might be
another coming up on the side you swerve to.

Even in counties where there are thousands of roundabouts the cagers
can't get the rules for signalling into their heads, so expect them to
turn left signalling right, right signalling left, turn with no signal,
signal right while doing a 360 round the roundabout, etc.

Just like normal junctions, but more so.

Mike
--
Mike Causer

Roundabouts Trevor Brown UK 158 August 27th 08 05:52 PM
Adverts on roundabouts? Rich UK 16 November 16th 05 09:13 AM
Roundabouts - turning right Katanga-Man UK 8 June 4th 04 10:47 PM
I hate roundabouts. Simon Mason UK 21 October 17th 03 01:48 PM
Roundabouts - how to take them? FM UK 14 July 23rd 03 12:15 PM