Long Stem Schrader tubes???

Old August 9th 05, 07:41 PM

Default Long Stem Schrader tubes???

I was fixing bikes on Ragbrai and we had a couple of fat cats stopy by
in their GMC suv toting a GMC Denali bicycle that had a flat tire. The
wheel on this bike has a aero rim and takes a long stem schrader tube.
Well we had none. The shop owner offered to sell them a whole new
wheel. Best bet may be to consider the bike disposable when you get a
flat. Thanks detroit marketing.

How many local bike shop worker rec.bicycle readers can say their shop
stocks long stem schrader tubes?

Old August 9th 05, 11:10 PM
Werehatrack

On 9 Aug 2005 11:41:09 -0700, "
wrote:

I was fixing bikes on Ragbrai and we had a couple of fat cats stopy by
in their GMC suv toting a GMC Denali bicycle that had a flat tire. The
wheel on this bike has a aero rim and takes a long stem schrader tube.
Well we had none. The shop owner offered to sell them a whole new
wheel. Best bet may be to consider the bike disposable when you get a
flat. Thanks detroit marketing.

How many local bike shop worker rec.bicycle readers can say their shop
stocks long stem schrader tubes?

Put a Presta in it next time. Works just fine, particularly if you
use one of the collars that come with some Presta tubes for that
purpose. Oh, and sell them a Presta-to-Schrader adapter.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
Old August 10th 05, 12:16 AM
John Forrest Tomlinson

On 9 Aug 2005 11:41:09 -0700, "
wrote:

I was fixing bikes on Ragbrai and we had a couple of fat cats stopy by
in their GMC suv toting a GMC Denali bicycle that had a flat tire. The
wheel on this bike has a aero rim and takes a long stem schrader tube.
Well we had none. The shop owner offered to sell them a whole new
wheel. Best bet may be to consider the bike disposable when you get a
flat.

You can put a presta tubed tube in a shcrader-drilled rim, esp with
some sort of ferrule.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old August 10th 05, 01:25 AM
Diablo Scott

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

You can put a presta tubed tube in a shcrader-drilled rim, esp with
some sort of ferrule.

JT

I have these on some MTB wheels drilled for schraeder, not sure how
necessary they are though. The rubber grommet things never worked.
These are called "presta stem savers".

http://www.biketiresdirect.com/htmlpages/WMPVS.htm

--
My bike blog: