Crankflip Problem

Old September 30th 08, 09:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unisykolist

Default Crankflip Problem

When I do zero-plants I flip the cranks with my left foot. But when I
try to crankflip I can't because I do a rolling hop and position my
cranks so that the left crank is facing backwards because that is my
main dominance. I push down on my left foot to bring me up into that
position but I can't kick the crank backwards because thats doing it
reverse.

And if I try kicking the crank with my right foot with a zero plant, I
just can't and it doesn't feel rite.

???

--
Unisykolist

*Watch me attempt a 2 meter (6-7 foot) drop on a unicycle and stack it,
watch it on - *www.unisykolist.piczo.com
www.unisykolist.piczo.com
www.unisykolist.piczo.com
Old September 30th 08, 05:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
timekeeper

That's an interesting problem you have there. You're gonna have to work
through it otherwise landing them might be more difficult.. unless you
would be doing 1.5 rotations in your flip in order to land it in your
jumping platform. I think you should skip the zero plant part and work
on dominance issues. Also, does "I push down on my left foot to bring
me up into that position" mean that you mount into your jumping platform
(in your case left foot back), or do you mount with your other foot and
then roll half a turn to get into position? I do the latter, and I
think that would make zero plants harder because you don't want to jump
off the uni onto your weaker leg.

--
timekeeper
Old September 30th 08, 07:28 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
beeper

Unisykolist;1104985 wrote:
When I do zero-plants I flip the cranks with my left foot. But when I
try to crankflip I can't because I do a rolling hop and position my
cranks so that the left crank is facing backwards because that is my
main dominance. I push down on my left foot to bring me up into that
position but I can't kick the crank backwards because thats doing it
reverse.

And if I try kicking the crank with my right foot with a zero plant, I
just can't and it doesn't feel rite.

???

That was a mistake on your part. In knowing that your dominant foot is
your right foot, you should have taken the time to learn zero plants
that way. Anxiety sometimes gets the best of us and we want to learn
tricks quicker when they are easier, but if it jepardizes what you want
to learn in the future, then it isn't worth it in my oppinion.
Work on zero plants with your right foot forward,and good luck!

--
beeper

)-90'-UNISPIN-O

'SixSixOne' (SixSixOne.com)
Old October 1st 08, 01:17 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unisykolist

OK, I guess the only thing I can do is to...either skip zero plants or
practice them with my right foot kicking.

Old October 1st 08, 01:49 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Any Terrain

I dont think zeroplants helped at all for crankflip, neither did
crankflip plants.
But now that i can crankflip i find it easy to do double zeroplants and
footplant flips.
Maybe because i never did doubleflip plants they never helped though.

--
Any Terrain

2nd Place*)---SuperWrap-'O,*

'The Great Chicago Meet-up Thread'
Old October 1st 08, 02:01 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
vanpaun

Any Terrain;1105444 wrote:
I dont think zeroplants helped at all for crankflip, neither did
crankflip plants.
But now that i can crankflip i find it easy to do double zeroplants and
footplant flips.
Maybe because i never did doubleflip plants they never helped though.

I agree, I hit a bit of progress today,
_YouTube_-_Crankflip_attempts_(VIDEO_087.avi)_,
and found that my zero plants got way better.
EDIT: WTF?

--
vanpaun

'sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com/)
'My Video' (http://tinyurl.com/3tv4cl)
'Custom Uni-Gear' (http://www.zazzle.com/unipsychle)

different kind of crankflip problem unirox13 Unicycling 9 March 7th 08 12:39 PM
Crankflip? CKCrowe Unicycling 0 May 30th 07 07:00 PM
Is it a Crankflip? isaac steiner Unicycling 19 May 22nd 07 04:30 AM
crankflip foforackard Unicycling 6 September 10th 06 04:18 AM
Can you Crankflip? trials_uni Unicycling 3 February 27th 06 11:38 PM