The rain has stopped and I'm at work on a Sat!

Old July 24th 04, 04:28 AM
hippy

Default The rain has stopped and I'm at work on a Sat!

but at least I got soaked riding here this morning! :-)

hippy

Old July 24th 04, 04:50 AM
DaveB

hippy wrote:
but at least I got soaked riding here this morning! :-)

hippy

I just got back from a run (that way I have an excuse for riding slowly
tomorrow) and in 1 hr on the Eastern Fwy trail I only saw one cyclist!
Uusually there's heaps on a Sat afternoon. What a bunch of nancies. Or
maybe all the cyclists out this way are saving themselves for the
BunchRide/Leyland Bros ride tomorrow (we have gotta get a better name).

DaveB (who is supposedly working on an MBA assignment but easily distracted)

Old July 24th 04, 05:24 AM
hippy

"DaveB" wrote
I just got back from a run (that way I have an excuse for riding

slowly
tomorrow) and in 1 hr on the Eastern Fwy trail I only saw one cyclist!
Uusually there's heaps on a Sat afternoon. What a bunch of nancies. Or
maybe all the cyclists out this way are saving themselves for the
BunchRide/Leyland Bros ride tomorrow (we have gotta get a better

name).

I saw 2 or 3 riders heading east on Canterbury Rd on my way in.
I ran the other day.. damn it kills my legs! First time I run a couple
of kays and it takes days before I can do it again and my riding
suffers.. I'll have to read more of Tam's posts about running and
riding at the same time..

DaveB (who is supposedly working on an MBA assignment but easily

distracted)

Need to find some good bike-porn for the "poor dudes
stuck inside working on the weekend" bunch ;-)

hippy

Old July 24th 04, 05:41 AM
DaveB

hippy wrote:
I'll have to read more of Tam's posts about running and
riding at the same time..

Running and riding at the same time? That I want to see . My theory is
run hard on Saturday, do no stretching on Saturday night, and count on
the Sunday ride to ease the tightness in the hamstrings before the climb
out of Warrandyte.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The author of this advice can't run and can't ride,
make a booking with the masseur or physio before followign this advice.

DaveB (who is supposedly working on an MBA assignment but easily

distracted)

DaveB (still slacking off, supposedly working on "the plan", is it time
for a break yet, only 3hrs20 till TDF)

Old July 24th 04, 07:37 AM
atacca

Headed off to the Royal National Park for an abseil/walk (only ride weekdays
) there was precious little riders along the Princess Hwy and RNP road
too, usually crawling with them. The majority of who I saw actually looked
like Audax riders so I'm guessing most of their ride will be through the
rain. They will definately enjoy a nice hot bath when they get home
today/tomorrow/monday.......

Old July 24th 04, 11:47 PM
hippy

"DaveB" wrote in message
DaveB (still slacking off, supposedly working on "the plan", is it

time
for a break yet, only 3hrs20 till TDF)

Hmm.. I got home at nearly midnight and THEN
watched the tour..
Back in the office now as the Bunch Ride 6 is
surely progressing nicely.. :-(

hippy

Old July 25th 04, 08:02 AM
Stomper

I'll have to read more of Tam's posts about running and
riding at the same time..

It can't be done.

Either your running shoes don't clip into the bike pedals or your bike shoes
make running impossible.

Karl aka Stomper

Old July 25th 04, 08:20 AM
hippy

"Stomper"

I'll have to read more of Tam's posts about running and
riding at the same time..

It can't be done.

Either your running shoes don't clip into the bike pedals or your bike

shoes
make running impossible.

Gee, anyone would think I top posted! :-P

Okay.. "running and THEN riding within a short space of time".

What if I wore one runner and one SPD shoe? ;-)

hippy

Old July 25th 04, 08:44 AM
Graeme

"hippy" wrote in news:nbJMc.15529$K53.515
@news-server.bigpond.net.au:

What if I wore one runner and one SPD shoe? ;-)

Obvious innit? As one side would be better suited to the current activity
than the other, you would run in circles in one direction and ride in
circles in the other direction. :-)

Graeme
Old July 26th 04, 03:08 AM
Tamyka Bell

hippy wrote:

I saw 2 or 3 riders heading east on Canterbury Rd on my way in.
I ran the other day.. damn it kills my legs! First time I run a couple
of kays and it takes days before I can do it again and my riding
suffers.. I'll have to read more of Tam's posts about running and
riding at the same time..

snip

Yeah, like lotsa people commented, it's true, I don't run and ride at
the same time. Actually I really love running as soon as I'm off the
bike. The first km hurts like you wouldn't believe, and I feel really
unco, but after that it loosens up any tightness from the ride. And my
bum wakes up, that's a bonus.