Do Shimano SPD road pedal clips fit on Mtn Bike shoes?

Old April 29th 08, 05:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Press

Default Do Shimano SPD road pedal clips fit on Mtn Bike shoes?

In article
],
Ryan Cousineau wrote:

In article ,
"Lou Holtman" wrote:

"Helmut Springer" wrote in message
Lou Holtman wrote:
Others obviously do not agree,

I can not think of a reason not to pick a two sided pedal.

For some people with rather long cranks on low BBs the cornering
clearance might be a point.

Did you measure the difference in cornering clearance. I think a wider cage
works in the wrong direction.

I simply find them more convenient: always hanging the same way it's
easy to tip and click without looking.

I just step on my double sided SPD without looking.

I have found a pedal to satisfy both of you:

http://exustar.com/pr77.php

It's a floor wax, and a dessert topping,

A spinning pedal _and_ a road pedal.

--
Michael Press
Old April 29th 08, 07:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Apr 29, 11:43 am, Michael Press wrote:
In article
],
Ryan Cousineau wrote:

Lou Holtman wrote:
Others obviously do not agree,

I can not think of a reason not to pick a two sided pedal.

For some people with rather long cranks on low BBs the cornering
clearance might be a point.

Did you measure the difference in cornering clearance. I think a wider cage
works in the wrong direction.

I simply find them more convenient: always hanging the same way it's
easy to tip and click without looking.

I just step on my double sided SPD without looking.

I have found a pedal to satisfy both of you:

http://exustar.com/pr77.php

It's a floor wax, and a dessert topping,

A spinning pedal _and_ a road pedal.

Dirty! Where can I get the ten second mpgs to ogle?

Old May 1st 08, 05:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Kerry Montgomery

"Michael Press" wrote in message
In article
],
Ryan Cousineau wrote:

Lou Holtman wrote:
Others obviously do not agree,

I can not think of a reason not to pick a two sided pedal.

For some people with rather long cranks on low BBs the cornering
clearance might be a point.

Did you measure the difference in cornering clearance. I think a wider
cage
works in the wrong direction.

I simply find them more convenient: always hanging the same way it's
easy to tip and click without looking.

I just step on my double sided SPD without looking.

I have found a pedal to satisfy both of you:

http://exustar.com/pr77.php

It's a floor wax, and a dessert topping,

A spinning pedal _and_ a road pedal.

--
Michael Press

So, "One side Look ARC binding, one side SPD binding". Should I get the left
side shoe with a Look cleat and the right side shoe with an SPD cleat, or
the other way around?
Kerry

Old May 1st 08, 06:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ryan Cousineau

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

http://exustar.com/pr77.php

It's a floor wax, and a dessert topping,

A spinning pedal _and_ a road pedal.

--
Michael Press

So, "One side Look ARC binding, one side SPD binding". Should I get the left
side shoe with a Look cleat and the right side shoe with an SPD cleat, or
the other way around?
Kerry

Either way. Go on a club ride. Send photos.

Old May 1st 08, 05:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Press

In article ,
"Kerry Montgomery" wrote:

"Michael Press" wrote in message
In article
],
Ryan Cousineau wrote:

Lou Holtman wrote:
Others obviously do not agree,

I can not think of a reason not to pick a two sided pedal.

For some people with rather long cranks on low BBs the cornering
clearance might be a point.

Did you measure the difference in cornering clearance. I think a wider
cage
works in the wrong direction.

I simply find them more convenient: always hanging the same way it's
easy to tip and click without looking.

I just step on my double sided SPD without looking.

I have found a pedal to satisfy both of you:

http://exustar.com/pr77.php

It's a floor wax, and a dessert topping,

A spinning pedal _and_ a road pedal.

So, "One side Look ARC binding, one side SPD binding". Should I get the left
side shoe with a Look cleat and the right side shoe with an SPD cleat, or
the other way around?

I wish I knew. Waiting for Fabrizzio.

--
Michael Press
Old May 1st 08, 05:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A R:nen

"Kerry Montgomery" writes:

So, "One side Look ARC binding, one side SPD binding". Should I get the left
side shoe with a Look cleat and the right side shoe with an SPD cleat, or
the other way around?

To minimize cleat wear, SPD on the foot you normally put down at
stoplights, Look on the other.
Old May 2nd 08, 05:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Kerry Montgomery

"A R:nen" wrote in message
"Kerry Montgomery" writes:

So, "One side Look ARC binding, one side SPD binding". Should I get the
left
side shoe with a Look cleat and the right side shoe with an SPD cleat, or
the other way around?

To minimize cleat wear, SPD on the foot you normally put down at
stoplights, Look on the other.

Very logical answer - so for me that will be Look left, lean right.
Thanks,
Kerry

Old May 2nd 08, 06:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
"Kerry Montgomery" wrote:

"A R:nen" wrote in message
"Kerry Montgomery" writes:

So, "One side Look ARC binding, one side SPD binding". Should I get the
left
side shoe with a Look cleat and the right side shoe with an SPD cleat, or
the other way around?

To minimize cleat wear, SPD on the foot you normally put down at
stoplights, Look on the other.

Very logical answer - so for me that will be Look left, lean right.
Thanks,
Kerry

Logic has no place in this discussion.

Old May 2nd 08, 06:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article ,
"Kerry Montgomery" wrote:

"A R:nen" wrote in message
"Kerry Montgomery" writes:

So, "One side Look ARC binding, one side SPD binding". Should I get the
left
side shoe with a Look cleat and the right side shoe with an SPD cleat, or
the other way around?
To minimize cleat wear, SPD on the foot you normally put down at
stoplights, Look on the other.

Very logical answer - so for me that will be Look left, lean right.
Thanks,
Kerry

Logic has no place in this discussion.

Indeed, Ritchey only uses the Logic® brand on headsets and brake pads,
not pedals.

FS:RETRO VITTORIA ROAD SHOES FOR TOE CLIPS,SIZE 40,BLACK LEATHER [email protected] Marketplace 0 April 14th 06 10:24 PM
Regular shoes with Shimano PD-A520 SPD Pedal Dumb Newbie Techniques 8 May 14th 05 07:00 AM
FA Shimano Road Pedal Default UK 0 April 22nd 05 12:54 AM
FA: Top-end DMT R2 Road Shoes 44.0, NIB, NR..L@@K!!! PERFECT FOR SPEEDPLAY PEDAL USERS... [email protected] Marketplace 0 March 5th 05 06:00 PM
best shoes for Shimano M540 pedals for a *road/racing* bike use? Yuri Budilov Techniques 10 September 22nd 04 01:17 AM