recovering seats

Old July 28th 05, 12:52 AM

Default recovering seats

Anybody have experience with recovering bikes seats? I've been trying
to find a white ti rolls and can't so I was pondering putting a white
cover on one of my old ones. thanks

Old July 28th 05, 05:33 PM
David White

I know you are speaking of a Ti saddle and this one is not likely Ti (although
it doesn't say)... Check out Nashbar. In my current catalog, they show white,
NOS Rolls for only $30.

Old July 29th 05, 02:59 AM
RonSonic

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 09:33:00 -0700, David White wrote:

I know you are speaking of a Ti saddle and this one is not likely Ti (although
it doesn't say)... Check out Nashbar. In my current catalog, they show white,
NOS Rolls for only $30.

Buy white saddle (perf or otherwise) and install on your existing Ti rails?

Gotta be easier than covering.

Ron

Old July 29th 05, 04:38 AM
maxo

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 09:33:00 -0700, David White wrote:

In my current catalog,
they show white, NOS Rolls for only $30.

Mine shows one too, that's the best bet.

You could also talk to a place that does motorcycle saddles, though bike
saddle leather is usually epoxied on, and the upholstery on m/c's often
held on by hooks.

Heck, even a good upholstery shop might have ideas.

Do check out Nashbar--I got a couple Selle Royal Prestige saddles with
really nice leather covers from them for $4 each. NOS and look perfect on
my old rides. Comfy too!
Old July 30th 05, 01:51 PM
richard

Some personal experience. His jobs hold up very well through thousands
of sweaty-butted miles, and I'm very happy with both his work and his
service. However...

1. He is in business because he acquired lots of automotive upholstery
material. If that suede-like material is what you want (rather than
white smooth leather), and you like his current colors, it's good.

2. No problem in heat and humidity. However, if you get caught out in
the rain, the material is not waterproof. You'll finish the ride on a
sponge which may not yet be dry the next day.

dvt wrote:
wrote:

Anybody have experience with recovering bikes seats? I've been trying
to find a white ti rolls and can't so I was pondering putting a white
cover on one of my old ones. thanks

No personal experience, but you could try Recycled Saddles:

http://members.aol.com/mudmash/rss.html

--
Dave
dvt at psu dot edu

FS: New Banana Seats - - $18.95 Menotomy Marketplace 0 October 5th 04 02:19 PM
Suspended Seats Tom Nicholson Recumbent Biking 1 February 8th 04 06:57 PM
KH Seats Grinspoon Unicycling 2 November 30th 03 05:59 AM
KH seats Grinspoon Unicycling 16 November 15th 03 09:25 AM
Why aren't seats made stronger? tugboat Unicycling 6 October 6th 03 04:23 AM