How bikes are made

Old July 4th 09, 09:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
bicycle_disciple

Default How bikes are made

Here, with the help of video, three examples of how modern bikes are
made is shown. Mass produced, carbon fiber, and custom carbon
fiber... http://tinyurl.com/mm75fn

Happy July 4!

BD
Old July 6th 09, 05:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Borrall Wonnell[_2_]

On Jul 4, 6:57*pm, bicycle_disciple wrote:
Here, with the help of video, three examples of how modern bikes are
made is shown. Mass produced, carbon fiber, and custom carbon
fiber... *http://tinyurl.com/mm75fn

Interesting comment at the end: "Each one weighs about 11.4 kilos"

The last time I lifted a CCM bicycle it felt like it weighed 35+
pounds
Old July 7th 09, 03:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

bicycle_disciple wrote:

Here, with the help of video, three examples of how modern bikes are
made is shown. Mass produced, carbon fiber, and custom carbon
fiber... *http://tinyurl.com/mm75fn

Happy July 4!

The custom carbon process looks like it was conceived by a
scrapbooking enthusiast who decided to branch out. I can't fault
someone for deciding to "build" his own frame with a vegetable brush,
but I have a hard time seeing the wisdom of paying top dollar for such
a product.

Chalo

Rocky Mountain Bikes - made in Canada LIBERATOR Mountain Biking 2 August 18th 07 02:33 AM
How bikes are made. Friday Australia 10 October 25th 06 05:42 AM
Has anyone made a housse for their bikes? Pat in TX Rides 4 February 10th 06 04:18 AM
Bikes made in North America? Rob Osborn General 30 August 30th 05 01:28 AM
Trek & Gary Fisher bikes = USA made [email protected] General 10 March 16th 04 10:55 PM