Lighting P-38

Old May 29th 06, 04:24 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default Lighting P-38

Anyone here have experience as a rider of Lightnings P-38?
I have an Bacchetta Aero - A johnny lightning fast bent if there ever
was one, but I'm thinking of adding one for touring and day long
rides...plus, I just like riding on a bent, and would like to add
another to the stable....

Thanks...

Scoot
SDG

Old May 30th 06, 12:34 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Scoot wroot:
Anyone here have experience as a rider of Lightnings P-38?
I have an Bacchetta Aero - A johnny lightning fast bent if there ever
was one, but I'm thinking of adding one for touring and day long
rides...plus, I just like riding on a bent, and would like to add
another to the stable....

Rode a P-38 for 13 years and tens of thousands of miles. Retired it 3
years ago in favor of a Tour Easy.

The P-38 is the prototypical SWB bike- excellent handling, a competent
light tourer, and some quirky mechanical bits that required an unusual
amount of maintainence, IMO.

If you're happy with your Aero, would you consider a Bacchetta Giro 20?

Jeff

Old May 30th 06, 05:55 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Scoot Wrote:
Anyone here have experience as a rider of Lightnings P-38?
I have an Bacchetta Aero - A johnny lightning fast bent if there ever
was one, but I'm thinking of adding one for touring and day long
rides...plus, I just like riding on a bent, and would like to add
another to the stable....

Thanks...

Scoot
SDG

Rode and rejected P-38 in favor of a Strada. For a good touring bike
you might look at a Giro 26. Less difference and will handle the load.

--
Hull 697

Old May 30th 06, 02:54 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

I owned and rode an R-84, P-38 and F40 for several years. Loved the
bikes - hated the mainrenance. Little things like broken seats, drive
line problems and so on. The R-84 was the most maintenance intensive
and the P38 the least. Would I buy another Lightning? Yes! WouId I use
one for touring? No, to much maintneance and to many odd parts used
only by Lightning.
I also own an Aero. I put a recurve seat on mine and I would not be
afraid to take it touring.

BentMick

Old June 1st 06, 06:12 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Scoot" wrote in message
oups.com...
Anyone here have experience as a rider of Lightnings P-38?
I have an Bacchetta Aero - A johnny lightning fast bent if there ever
was one, but I'm thinking of adding one for touring and day long
rides...plus, I just like riding on a bent, and would like to add
another to the stable....

Thanks...

Scoot
SDG

You can't do all this on the Aero?

I would think the Lightning is a step down from what you now have

Old June 24th 06, 03:49 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

How about a Corsa, which is a couple of pounds heavier, with either the
EuroMesh seat (this what I have and is pretty comfortable), or with the
recurve seat, which I hear is like sitting on a cloud.
Mark Leuck wrote:
oups.com...

Old June 24th 06, 04:01 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

SuperDave wrote:
How about a Corsa, which is a couple of pounds heavier, with either the
EuroMesh seat (this what I have and is pretty comfortable), or with the
recurve seat, which I hear is like sitting on a cloud.
Mark Leuck wrote:

I've considered adding the Corsa to my stable of bikes. But for the
time being, I'm just going to stick with Aero. It's a beauty....

Scoot
SDG