one foot foward please!!!

Old August 6th 05, 01:36 AM
habbywall

Default one foot foward please!!!

okay, i have been trying to go foward with one foot for about half of
the week and i was wondering like if you all could give me some tips on
it, like what part of my foot to put on the frame and what if any part
should be touching the tire and any tips on how to do it.
thanks to anyone who responds

--
habbywall

It takes twice the man to ride half the bike.
habbywall's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10260

Old August 6th 05, 01:58 AM
maxisbackintown

When I learned ot do it I learned it without putting my foot on the
frame I think it's easyer that way and I was leaning a bit back to bring
my pedal back. What I suggest you is go fast with pedaling with your 2
feets then take one of and try to keep stright you can lean a lil
backwards or front wards but its not really gonna help you.

--
maxisbackintown - timmmyyy

yeah
maxisbackintown's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9909

Old August 6th 05, 02:10 AM
Skippii

the more grippy pedals work best, as you have more travel area then
where you can push and pull on the pedal.

be smooth, rather than pushing as hard as possible on the downs to get
you through the ups.
Resist the pedal coming back up slightly--this gives you control to stay
on, even if it hurts your momentum a bit.
Don't touch the tire at all.
I didn't learn by putting a foot on the frame, I just bend my left leg
at the knee and held my lower led parallel to the ground. Later, I
learnt to put it on the frame, but I still find that more difficult--but
I am in the minority here.
I find it easier on my 24 or 28 (more momentum=smoother) than on smaller
wheels, but I suck at smaller wheels and don't ride them often at all.

--
Skippii - Kingpin, One for the Road

One for the Road: Harrisonburg's Unicycle gang.
Skippii's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7822

Old August 6th 05, 02:11 AM
jsm

It's a lot easier with your foot on the frame. I like to rest the middle
of my foot on the frame. Don't touch the wheel with your foot if at all
possible.

--
jsm - Sunset Side Ride

Help edit the Unicyclopedia!
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia
jsm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6911

Old August 7th 05, 08:57 PM
fcwegnm0b

'One Footed'
(http://www.freewebs.com/andrewcarter...ps.htm#onefoot)

If you have questions about -anything-, look around 'that site'
(http://www.unicycle.2ya.com) and try 'this excellent feature'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/search.php?s=).

The important thing is to get your foot on the frame. Once I got that,
everything else fell into place. Be heavy on the pedal for the down
stroke, and very very light on the up stroke. Once you go a few
revolutions with one foot, you'll figure out exactly how much pressure
to apply at what time.

Dave

--
fcwegnm0b - HammerTron

"So the nurse was telling me about what you did to your ankle... and I
all got was 'unicycle', 'mountain', and 'filming'"
fcwegnm0b's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8357

1 foot ww ---> gliding...how do you keep your speed up? tennisgh22 Unicycling 24 August 24th 04 12:53 AM
I hurt my foot! Jayne ZA Unicycling 6 July 29th 04 01:52 PM
One foot riding tips vivalargo Unicycling 8 May 9th 04 06:16 PM
Dominant foot questions samuel Unicycling 7 December 16th 03 02:39 AM
Coasting learning progression... andrew_carter Unicycling 2 October 26th 03 08:40 PM