street vs. freestyle

Old September 4th 05, 04:02 AM
frozenuniman

Default street vs. freestyle

what is the difference please post pics movies and anything that will
help me understand, i see them as the same, so please help me understand

--
frozenuniman
frozenuniman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10597

Old September 4th 05, 04:12 AM
James_Potter

-Janked from 'SWAT'
(http://singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com/about.html)'s website-
Freestyle: Almost always performed on a flat surface such as a gym
floor, freestyle is, simply put, unicycle tricks. In more specific
terms, it is the art of riding a unicycle in different ways than
normal forward riding. Basic freestyle skills include backwards
riding, riding while olding the seat out in front of or behind the
body, riding with one foot, and wheelwalking (using one's feet on the
tire to push the wheel forward). More advanced freestyle tricks
include unispins (rotating the unicycle underneath oneself during a
hop) and combinations of basic skills (one-foot wheelwalking or
backwards riding while holding the seat behind oneself are good
examples).

Street: A recent development in the unicycling community, Street
unicycling is a combination of freestyle and urban trials skills, with
some entirely new skills thrown in. Street unicyclists perform some
freestyle tricks while doing trials obstacles, such as unispinning
into a crank or pedal grab, or riding down stairs backwards. Also, new
skills have developed through street riding, such as grinding and
footplants. Street riding is still a relatively young style and it has
a lot of evolving to do.

--
James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!

James Potter for president 2008

Old September 4th 05, 03:57 PM
carsonpalooza

here's a video of 'Kevin' (http://tinyurl.com/bpns3) McMullin doing
street.

--
carsonpalooza - www.oddtodd.com

I'm jealous
I just wear bike shorts...* the tight kind*
I think it really does help with performance.
I like your hair. You look like my friend.
Good luck finding a working pirate
That site is making me drool.
Edit... next time, post something like this in JC, and a string of
question marks does not constitute a title.
I was drooling over all those spools.
-Dave aka fcwegnm0b

carsonpalooza's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10085

Old September 4th 05, 09:39 PM
maxisbackintown

Street has to be sexy and freestyle ash to be sexy too

--
maxisbackintown - timmmyyy

yeah
maxisbackintown's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9909

Old September 4th 05, 10:07 PM
Fly04066814

James Potter is sexy

--
Fly04066814 - .
Fly04066814's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8845

The ultimate freestyle unicycle... andrew_carter Unicycling 31 November 12th 08 05:37 AM
Torker LX tylercox Unicycling 15 December 28th 04 03:03 AM
What is your definition of "Street" riding? johnfoss Unicycling 48 November 25th 04 03:45 PM
How should Street Freestyle competition work? johnfoss Unicycling 90 August 26th 04 11:44 PM
The way to break out of the pro-car, anti-car debate? DRS Australia 73 June 2nd 04 12:58 PM