Caesar Creek State Park Ohio

Old October 16th 06, 03:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
KM

Default Caesar Creek State Park Ohio

Folks,
Will be at Caesar Creek Park in a week for about a week. Looking to get in
some road miles. Any suggestions? Have seen some info for the Little Miami
trail. Good place to ride? or know of any other good routes?

Thanks in advance!
Kyle

Old October 16th 06, 04:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
daytoncapri

Dear Kyle

Pls see my recent post on Bike Trails in Ohio in this newsgroup. Yeah,
Lil Miami is a good ride. One of the best.

Caesar Creek SP is less than 5 miles away from Little Miami Scenic
Trail/ State Park. You would be closest to towns of Corwin/Waynesvile,
close to MM 14 mi south of Xenia

To go for more speed, and avoid sometimes slow multiuse path, road
cyclists switch to the lightly-traveled roads which are often parallel
to the path.

Caesar Creek SP also has a mtn bike trail near Harveysburg.

And an unpatroled, unofficial nude beach - not recommended this time of
the year. I stumbled on elderly tanners once ...yech.

Dayton Capri

Old October 26th 06, 05:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
KM

Gary

Just returned home from Caesar creek. I rode 22 miles on the Little Miami
Scenic Trail. I started in Corwin and headed South. Went down past Ft.
Ancient. My high point was crossing under the large suspension bridge on St.
Rt. 71. Pretty big for sure. With the exception of a couple of joggers, I
had the trail to myself. This is truly a gem!.

I appreciate the suggestion!

Be good,

Kyle

ps.com...

Old October 27th 06, 03:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Chris Neary

My high point was crossing under the large suspension bridge on St.
Rt. 71. Pretty big for sure.

If this is the bridge you went under, it isn't a suspension bridge:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah_Morrow_Bridge

Glad you enjoyed the ride,

Chris Neary

"Science, freedom, beauty, adventu what more could
you ask of life? Bicycling combined all the elements I
loved" - Adapted from a quotation by Charles Lindbergh
Old October 27th 06, 07:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
KM

You are most correct. I used the word suspension incorrectly. It is much
more impressive from the underside.

I did enjoy the area. Will be back in the spring.

be good!

Kyle

Old October 29th 06, 02:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Chris Neary

You are most correct. I used the word suspension incorrectly. It is much
more impressive from the underside.

http://www.roadfan.com/burkin1.html

To an engineer geek like me, either view is exquisite.

Chris Neary

"Prize the doubt, low kinds exist without"
- Inscription at Ramsmeyer Hall, Ohio State University

Our State Governments Are Stealing the Dedicated Funds Money Earl Bollinger General 17 August 19th 06 04:07 PM
The Effects of Mountain Biking on Wildlife and People -- WhyOff-Road Bicycling Should be Prohibited Pablo Ricardo Mountain Biking 69 July 23rd 04 10:40 AM
Read and learn! Garrison Hilliard General 6 December 12th 03 11:58 AM
Mike Vandeman qa2 Mountain Biking 26 November 18th 03 12:16 PM
RR: Blackout 2003 - Belmont State Park Carla A-G Mountain Biking 4 August 16th 03 05:56 PM