The wierd bikes multiply

Old January 29th 06, 05:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default The wierd bikes multiply

Hiya Werehatrack:
Meanwhile, whilst trying to track down the WalMart "Schwinn Varsities"
on line, I noticed they'd a 20" wheel Kent FOLDER. For $99.99 (of
course). Marketed for the 9-12 age range, the web site said. I guess
that's their default setting for 20" wheels.... Is Kent a Pacific
brand?

Robert Leone

Old January 29th 06, 08:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Looks kinda stripped, don't it? If (and stress "if") I were top go that
way I'de get something better looking, like the new "Schwinn" StingRay.

- -
Comments and opinions compliments of,
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

My web Site:
http://geocities.com/czcorner

To E-mail me:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

Old January 31st 06, 03:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Peter Cole wrote:
Werehatrack wrote:

Target's website is listing a 26" chopper-style bike now. It's only
rated for riders up to 230 lbs (sorry, Chalo, you'll just have to
build your own) but it's available off the shelf from a major
retailer.

http://tinyurl.com/afbz5

And some wonder why bikes aren't taken seriously.

OTOH, there is something to be said for the observation that anything
which gets non-negative publicity for bikes is *potentially* a good
thing.

I dunno, it costs $112 to ship, and at 57 lb shipping weight I can
almost see why. I think ownership of this bike would be its own reward.

When I saw the reference to the 57 pound shipping weight I had to go
back and look more closely at the ad, which raises more questions:

1) Do the decals really say "Adult Deviate Chopper" ? My neighbors are
still a little concerned about the tight black shorts.

2) Exactly how do the one-speed gearing, vinyl seat, and coaster brakes
make the experience more enjoyable? How does an adult deviate define
"enjoyable" ?

r.b.t.chainstore_ad_bashing
Old January 31st 06, 04:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 21:45:12 -0600, David wrote:

Peter Cole wrote:
Werehatrack wrote:

[...]

Friend, if you wear lycra to ride that bike cyclists will be more than a little
concerned.

Ron
Old January 31st 06, 08:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Probably some people waiting for a 350 lb rated one to come out!

--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

Old February 2nd 06, 12:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 17:29:41 -0600, satan wrote:

Am I the only one who noticed it has a "vinyl seat AND coaster brake".

According to the blurb, those features allow the rider to "enjoy the
experience". This might raise the question of which experience can't
be enjoyed fully with a seat that isn't vinyl.

But does it have the look of real metal?

If so, I'm sure a Look & Feel or other infringement lawsuit will be
filed by some entity that trademarked the term "Real Metal".

Is this the one that's been raising the eyebrows of many a surviving
consumer?

One at a time, perhaps.

Let us hope that Ahnold doesn't get one.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

Autofaq now on faster server Simon Brooke UK 216 April 1st 05 10:09 AM
Design News article about bikes [email protected] Techniques 8 January 14th 05 01:07 PM
Danny-boy flails some more! (was: Advice on a good hardtail.) Jonesy Mountain Biking 31 June 18th 04 08:01 PM
Ghost Bikes Garrison Hilliard General 0 June 12th 04 06:31 PM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM